Red Curry PasteElena Duggan
- 10g Coriander seeds
- 5g Cumin seeds
- 5 dried Chilies, soaked in water, well drained
- 2 Asian shallots, roughly chopped
- 3 Lemongrass, soft interior bottom third only, roughly chopped
- 50g Garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 50g Ginger, peeled, roughly chopped
- 50g Galangal, peeled, roughly chopped
- 30g Tumeric, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch Coriander, roots only
- 2 Kaffir Lime leaves
- 5-10 White peppercorns
- 15g Belecan
- 25g Stevia monkfruit, granulated
- 50-100g Peanut oil
- 25-50g Fish sauce
- 1 Red Bull horn chilli
- 4 x Long Red chillies
- In a dry fry pan, toast coriander and cumin seeds over a low to medium heat until fragrant and slightly golden. Remove from heat.
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, blitz all dry curry paste ingredients until a paste is formed. Loosen with peanut oil until paste is smooth, season with fish sauce. Set aside or keep refrigerated in an airtight container until required.
- It will keep for up to a week in the fridge, or 3 months in the freezer.
Ingredients: Serves 4 8 Moreton Bay bugs 200g thinly sliced dried pancetta 8 bay leaves 4 ripe figs, halved 2 tablespoons olive oil Juice of 1 lemon Method: Prepare your barbecue for direct grilling over a high heat. Prepare the bugs by removing the meat from the...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Teaspoon coconut sugar 6 freshly picked mint leaves Approx 500ml SodaStream Carbonated Water 10-15 assorted fresh berries One lime, halved Ice Method: Start by bringing together the coconut sugar and the mint in a food processor or alternatively...
Ingredients: Serves: 3 2 cup water 3 tbsp Valcom Tom Yum Paste 1 cup button mushrooms, halved 300g chicken fillet, sliced 1⁄4 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk 4 tbsp Valcom Kaffir Lime Leaves 1 stalk coriander coarsely chopped 1 red chilli, cut diagonally Method: Bring...
Ingredients: Serves 4 2 medium eggplant 2 tablespoons of olive oil ½ cup miso paste 4 tablespoons mirin 2 tablespoons sugar 2 tablespoons sake White sesame seeds for garnish Method: Preheat the oven to 220C. Slice the eggplants in half and carefully score the eggplant...
Ingredients: Serves 4-6 1tbsp whole white peppercorns 2tbsp grated fresh turmeric 1 heaped tbsp grated fresh ginger 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 5 thinly sliced cloves Juice of 2 limes, plus wedges to serve 5 coriander roots (from a fresh bunch) 1kg Ling, scaled,...