Red Curry PasteElena Duggan
- 10g Coriander seeds
- 5g Cumin seeds
- 5 dried Chilies, soaked in water, well drained
- 2 Asian shallots, roughly chopped
- 3 Lemongrass, soft interior bottom third only, roughly chopped
- 50g Garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 50g Ginger, peeled, roughly chopped
- 50g Galangal, peeled, roughly chopped
- 30g Tumeric, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch Coriander, roots only
- 2 Kaffir Lime leaves
- 5-10 White peppercorns
- 15g Belecan
- 25g Stevia monkfruit, granulated
- 50-100g Peanut oil
- 25-50g Fish sauce
- 1 Red Bull horn chilli
- 4 x Long Red chillies
- In a dry fry pan, toast coriander and cumin seeds over a low to medium heat until fragrant and slightly golden. Remove from heat.
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, blitz all dry curry paste ingredients until a paste is formed. Loosen with peanut oil until paste is smooth, season with fish sauce. Set aside or keep refrigerated in an airtight container until required.
- It will keep for up to a week in the fridge, or 3 months in the freezer.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...