Red Curry PasteElena Duggan
- 10g Coriander seeds
- 5g Cumin seeds
- 5 dried Chilies, soaked in water, well drained
- 2 Asian shallots, roughly chopped
- 3 Lemongrass, soft interior bottom third only, roughly chopped
- 50g Garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 50g Ginger, peeled, roughly chopped
- 50g Galangal, peeled, roughly chopped
- 30g Tumeric, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch Coriander, roots only
- 2 Kaffir Lime leaves
- 5-10 White peppercorns
- 15g Belecan
- 25g Stevia monkfruit, granulated
- 50-100g Peanut oil
- 25-50g Fish sauce
- 1 Red Bull horn chilli
- 4 x Long Red chillies
- In a dry fry pan, toast coriander and cumin seeds over a low to medium heat until fragrant and slightly golden. Remove from heat.
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, blitz all dry curry paste ingredients until a paste is formed. Loosen with peanut oil until paste is smooth, season with fish sauce. Set aside or keep refrigerated in an airtight container until required.
- It will keep for up to a week in the fridge, or 3 months in the freezer.
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Laura’s Mum’s Meatball Pasta
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Crispy Chilli Oil
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...
Special Fried Rice
Ingredients: 60 ml (¼ cup) peanut oil 4 green king prawns, peeled, cleaned and roughly chopped 2 eggs, lightly beaten 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 tsp finely chopped ginger 150 gm Chinese-style barbecue pork char siu roughly chopped 555 gm (3 cups) cooked rice 1...