Red Curry PasteElena Duggan
- 10g Coriander seeds
- 5g Cumin seeds
- 5 dried Chilies, soaked in water, well drained
- 2 Asian shallots, roughly chopped
- 3 Lemongrass, soft interior bottom third only, roughly chopped
- 50g Garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 50g Ginger, peeled, roughly chopped
- 50g Galangal, peeled, roughly chopped
- 30g Tumeric, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch Coriander, roots only
- 2 Kaffir Lime leaves
- 5-10 White peppercorns
- 15g Belecan
- 25g Stevia monkfruit, granulated
- 50-100g Peanut oil
- 25-50g Fish sauce
- 1 Red Bull horn chilli
- 4 x Long Red chillies
- In a dry fry pan, toast coriander and cumin seeds over a low to medium heat until fragrant and slightly golden. Remove from heat.
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, blitz all dry curry paste ingredients until a paste is formed. Loosen with peanut oil until paste is smooth, season with fish sauce. Set aside or keep refrigerated in an airtight container until required.
- It will keep for up to a week in the fridge, or 3 months in the freezer.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...