Red Curry PasteElena Duggan
- 10g Coriander seeds
- 5g Cumin seeds
- 5 dried Chilies, soaked in water, well drained
- 2 Asian shallots, roughly chopped
- 3 Lemongrass, soft interior bottom third only, roughly chopped
- 50g Garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 50g Ginger, peeled, roughly chopped
- 50g Galangal, peeled, roughly chopped
- 30g Tumeric, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch Coriander, roots only
- 2 Kaffir Lime leaves
- 5-10 White peppercorns
- 15g Belecan
- 25g Stevia monkfruit, granulated
- 50-100g Peanut oil
- 25-50g Fish sauce
- 1 Red Bull horn chilli
- 4 x Long Red chillies
- In a dry fry pan, toast coriander and cumin seeds over a low to medium heat until fragrant and slightly golden. Remove from heat.
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, blitz all dry curry paste ingredients until a paste is formed. Loosen with peanut oil until paste is smooth, season with fish sauce. Set aside or keep refrigerated in an airtight container until required.
- It will keep for up to a week in the fridge, or 3 months in the freezer.
Ingredients: 100g glass noodles (bean thread vermicelli) 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced using a vegetable peeler 4 spring onions, thinly sliced on diagonal 2 eschalots, thinly sliced 1 cup coriander sprigs 1 cup flat-leaf parsley sprigs 1-2 small red chillies,...
Ingredients: 320g semolina plus a little extra 40g greens such as spinach or Tuscan kale Extra Virgin Olive Oil Sea salt and cracked pepper Pesto 1 garlic clove, peeled 20g pine nuts 50g wild rocket 25g parmesan plus a little extra Juice of 1 lemon Method: To make the...
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...