Reuben SandwichBen O'Donoghue
- 4 rounds or Rye bread slices
- 300g sliced pastrami
- 100g sauerkraut
- 200g comte cheese or cheddar
- 2 large garlic and dill pickles cut in half
- 4 tbsp kewpie mayo
- 1 tbsp hot English mustard
- 100gm butter soft
- Combine the hot English mustard with the kewpee mayo and set aside
- Butter one side of each slice of rye, place the bottom two slices butter side down. Spread the top of that slice with a spoon full of mustard mayo.
- Then divide the pastrami between the two slices of bread then top each with the sauerkraut. Top with the sliced cheese
- Spread the remaining mustard mayo over the two remaining slices on the un buttered side and top the sandwich with the butter side up
- Heat a not stick pan on a medium heat. Add the remaining butter to the pan and melt until foaming add the sandwiches and gently fry until golden on each side and the cheese is melted.
- Serve with the sliced dill pickles
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...