Reuben SandwichBen O'Donoghue
- 4 rounds or Rye bread slices
- 300g sliced pastrami
- 100g sauerkraut
- 200g comte cheese or cheddar
- 2 large garlic and dill pickles cut in half
- 4 tbsp kewpie mayo
- 1 tbsp hot English mustard
- 100gm butter soft
- Combine the hot English mustard with the kewpie mayo and set aside
- Butter one side of each slice of rye, place the bottom two slices butter side down. Spread the top of that slice with a spoon full of mustard mayo.
- Then divide the pastrami between the two slices of bread then top each with the sauerkraut. Top with the sliced cheese
- Spread the remaining mustard mayo over the two remaining slices on the un buttered side and top the sandwich with the butter side up
- Heat a not stick pan on a medium heat. Add the remaining butter to the pan and melt until foaming add the sandwiches and gently fry until golden on each side and the cheese is melted.
- Serve with the sliced dill pickles
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Laura’s Mum’s Meatball Pasta
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Crispy Chilli Oil
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...
Special Fried Rice
Ingredients: 60 ml (¼ cup) peanut oil 4 green king prawns, peeled, cleaned and roughly chopped 2 eggs, lightly beaten 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 tsp finely chopped ginger 150 gm Chinese-style barbecue pork char siu roughly chopped 555 gm (3 cups) cooked rice 1...