Ricotta and Silverbeet GnudiLaura Sharrad
- 1 bunch silverbeet
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated parmigiano cheese
- 2 eggs
- 300g firm ricotta
- Fresh grated nutmeg
- 2 tbsp plain flour, plus more for dustin
200g unsalted butter
- Black pepper
- Sea salt flakes
- Nutmeg, to grate on top
- Remove the silverbeet stems & blanch the leaves for 30 seconds. Strain & chill – then squeeze out any excess moisture.
- Place the ricotta, breadcrumbs, cheese, silverbeet, eggs, nutmeg & flour into a food processor and blitz to combine
- Roll tablespoons worth of mixture into flour to dust.
- Cook the Gnudi in boiling salted water until they float. In the meantime begin to melt the butter and brown.
- Serve with black pepper and extra nutmeg grated on top
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Pinot Grigio.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...