Risotto BiancoTobie Puttock
- Approx 700ml chicken or vegetables stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 cloves garlic, peeled, finely chopped
- 250g Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 50g butter
- 50g freshly grated parmesan and a little extra for finishing
- 4 perfect slices of best quality prosciutto
- Firstly place the stock into a pot, bring to the boil and reduce to a very light simmer.
- In another large pot heat the olive oil over a low-medium heat, add the diced onion and very gently cook without colouring for about 10 minutes or until soft, translucent and without colour.
- Increase the heat to medium and add the rice, stir until translucent and then splash add the wine. Keep stirring and once the wine has evaporated add a ladle of the hot stock and stir until it has been absorbed.
- Continue to add a ladle of stock at a time.
- After about 15-25 minutes the rice should be tender but “to the tooth”. Remove the pot from the heat and add a final ladle of stock, the butter, grated parmesan, truffle oil and seasoning to taste, stir through and place a lid on the risotto pot and allow it to rest for a couple of minutes.
- Arrange the rice between the plates with a single slice of prosciutto draped over the rice and a little extra parmesan.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Chardonnay.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...