Risotto BiancoTobie Puttock
- Approx 700ml chicken or vegetables stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 cloves garlic, peeled, finely chopped
- 250g Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 50g butter
- 50g freshly grated parmesan and a little extra for finishing
- 4 perfect slices of best quality prosciutto
- Firstly place the stock into a pot, bring to the boil and reduce to a very light simmer.
- In another large pot heat the olive oil over a low-medium heat, add the diced onion and very gently cook without colouring for about 10 minutes or until soft, translucent and without colour.
- Increase the heat to medium and add the rice, stir until translucent and then splash add the wine. Keep stirring and once the wine has evaporated add a ladle of the hot stock and stir until it has been absorbed.
- Continue to add a ladle of stock at a time.
- After about 15-25 minutes the rice should be tender but “to the tooth”. Remove the pot from the heat and add a final ladle of stock, the butter, grated parmesan, truffle oil and seasoning to taste, stir through and place a lid on the risotto pot and allow it to rest for a couple of minutes.
- Arrange the rice between the plates with a single slice of prosciutto draped over the rice and a little extra parmesan.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Chardonnay.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...