Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel
- 200g Risotto rice
- 150g Pork Mince
- 1 Garlic clove, chopped
- 1 Brown onion, diced
- 150g Pumpkin, diced
- 100ml white wine
- 750ml Massel Chicken stock
- 80g Butter, unsalted
- 150g Parmesan, grated
- 100g Mozzarella, sliced
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- In a pot add in your pork mince with a touch of olive oil and render down the fat. Followed by your onions and garlic and sweat them down.
- Once the mince is browned, add in your pumpkin and saute.
- Add in the dry rice and lightly toast it as the rest of the mince and veg slowly cook through.
- Pour in your white wine and reduce.
- Bit by bit add in your stock until it has all been absorbed and reduced into the risotto.
- Add in your butter and half the parmesan then stir through. Be sure to take off your risotto just before it is fully cooked as it will cook again once it goes into the oven.
- Slice up your other cheeses then begin layering your gratin in a baking dish, starting with a bottom layer of the risotto so the cheese doesn’t stick.
- Top with the remaining parmesan, salt and cracked black pepper.
- Put in a 180 degree oven for 10-12 mins or until the top is crispy and golden brown.
- Ready to serve but be careful because it’ll be hot.