Risotto MilaneseTobie Puttock & Mish Delish
- 1 ½ litres beef or vegetable stock
- ½ teaspoon of saffron
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 stick of celery, slightly peeled, washed and finely diced
- Tablespoon of olive oil
- 200g-risotto rice, I use vialano nano
- 1 bay leaf
- Splash of good quality chardonnay
- About 50g best quality butter
- Handful of good quality finely grated Parmesan
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
Basic Chicken Stock by Mish Delish
Makes approximately 2 litres
- 2 chicken carcasses
- 6 chicken wings
- 2 chicken feet (optional)
- 1 large onion, halved (skin intact)
- 1 carrot, chopped into 4 pieces
- 1 celery stick and leaves, chopped into 4 pieces
- 1 bay leaf
- 6-8 whole black peppercorns
- 1 generous pinch of salt
- Cold water to cover
- Firstly place the stock into a large pot and add the saffron, bring to the boil and reduce to a very light simmer.
- In another large pot heat the olive oil over a low-medium heat, add the diced onion and celery and very gently cook without colouring for about 10 minutes or until soft, translucent and without colour.
- Increase the heat to medium and add the rice, stir until also translucent and then splash in a little chardonnay (about a mouth full). Keep stirring and once the wine has evaporated add a ladle of the hot saffron stock and stir until it has been absorbed.
- Continue to add a ladle of stock at a time.
- After about 15-25 minutes the rice should be tender but “to the tooth”. Remove the pot from the heat and add a final ladle of stock, the butter, grated parmesan and seasoning to taste, stir through and place a lid on the risotto pot and allow it to rest for a couple of minutes.
- Arrange the rice between the plates with a little marrow on top and finish with freshly grated Parmesan.
Basic Chicken Stock
- Put all the ingredients into a large stock pot and add just enough water to cover.
- Place the pot over a medium heat and bring to the boil.
- Lower the heat to a very gentle simmer with the lid on and cook for up to 2 hours.
- Strain and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze for later use.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...