Roast Chook with FigsKhanh Ong
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 2 chicken marylands
- 6 sprigs of thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder salt to season
- 50g piece of chopped pancetta
- 1 red onion cut into wedges
- 50g dried figs
- 3 figs halved
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup of chicken stock
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 50g goats cheese
- Heat oil in a tray fit for the oven over high heat, coat the chicken with 2 sprigs of thyme, garlic powder and salt then brown for 3 minutes each side or until golden. transfer to plate.
- Add pancetta, red onion and dried figs to the tray and cook on medium for 5 minutes or until pancetta is crisp, remove to plate.
- Sprinkle the cut side of the figs with sugar and place cut side down on a pan and cook for about 30 seconds until the sugar caramelises. transfer to plate.
- Add wine to deglaze pan then stock and vinegar, once the the liquids are reduced by 1⁄2
- Return to a tray the chicken, pancetta, onions, dried figs, caramelised figs and a sprinkle of thyme over and place in an oven for 30-35 minutes at 180C.
- Serve with thyme and fresh goats cheese.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Sauvignon Blanc and Tomich, Gruner Veltliner.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...