Roasted Cauliflower, Tahini Yoghurt, Firecracker SauceMike Reid
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let’s Go Motorhomes
- 1 Cauliflower, whole (core cut down)
- 75g Butter, melted
- 4 tbsp firecracker sauce
- 30g Whole roasted almonds
- 100ml Greek yoghurt
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- Season your cauliflower generously before placing on the grill whole florets side down to begin with. Baste continuously with butter turning as needed. You want a nice golden colour on top and cooked all the way through including the core
- Dry roast your almonds in the oven at about 180 degrees for 8 minutes or until golden. Leave to cool before roughly crushing them. Not to fine you want it chunky
- Finally for the yoghurt, add the juice and zest from one lemon to your yoghurt and season with salt to taste.
- For the last 10 minutes of your cauliflower on the grill, place your sauce on top, of the cauliflower head and place a lid on your bbq or a large bowl over it to bake the sauce into the cauliflower
- To assemble, place the yoghurt in pool on the base of the plate first, top with your cauliflower
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Pinot Gris.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...