Roasted Cauliflower, Tahini Yoghurt, Firecracker SauceMike Reid
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let’s Go Motorhomes
- 1 Cauliflower, whole (core cut down)
- 75g Butter, melted
- 4 tbsp firecracker sauce
- 30g Whole roasted almonds
- 100ml Greek yoghurt
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- Season your cauliflower generously before placing on the grill whole florets side down to begin with. Baste continuously with butter turning as needed. You want a nice golden colour on top and cooked all the way through including the core
- Dry roast your almonds in the oven at about 180 degrees for 8 minutes or until golden. Leave to cool before roughly crushing them. Not to fine you want it chunky
- Finally for the yoghurt, add the juice and zest from one lemon to your yoghurt and season with salt to taste.
- For the last 10 minutes of your cauliflower on the grill, place your sauce on top, of the cauliflower head and place a lid on your bbq or a large bowl over it to bake the sauce into the cauliflower
- To assemble, place the yoghurt in pool on the base of the plate first, top with your cauliflower
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Pinot Gris.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...