Roasted Cauliflower, Tahini Yoghurt, Firecracker SauceMike Reid
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let’s Go Motorhomes
- 1 Cauliflower, whole (core cut down)
- 75g Butter, melted
- 4 tbsp firecracker sauce
- 30g Whole roasted almonds
- 100ml Greek yoghurt
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- Season your cauliflower generously before placing on the grill whole florets side down to begin with. Baste continuously with butter turning as needed. You want a nice golden colour on top and cooked all the way through including the core
- Dry roast your almonds in the oven at about 180 degrees for 8 minutes or until golden. Leave to cool before roughly crushing them. Not to fine you want it chunky
- Finally for the yoghurt, add the juice and zest from one lemon to your yoghurt and season with salt to taste.
- For the last 10 minutes of your cauliflower on the grill, place your sauce on top, of the cauliflower head and place a lid on your bbq or a large bowl over it to bake the sauce into the cauliflower
- To assemble, place the yoghurt in pool on the base of the plate first, top with your cauliflower
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Pinot Gris.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...