Roasted Cauliflower, Tahini Yoghurt, Firecracker SauceMike Reid
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let’s Go Motorhomes
- 1 Cauliflower, whole (core cut down)
- 75g Butter, melted
- 4 tbsp firecracker sauce
- 30g Whole roasted almonds
- 100ml Greek yoghurt
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- Season your cauliflower generously before placing on the grill whole florets side down to begin with. Baste continuously with butter turning as needed. You want a nice golden colour on top and cooked all the way through including the core
- Dry roast your almonds in the oven at about 180 degrees for 8 minutes or until golden. Leave to cool before roughly crushing them. Not to fine you want it chunky
- Finally for the yoghurt, add the juice and zest from one lemon to your yoghurt and season with salt to taste.
- For the last 10 minutes of your cauliflower on the grill, place your sauce on top, of the cauliflower head and place a lid on your bbq or a large bowl over it to bake the sauce into the cauliflower
- To assemble, place the yoghurt in pool on the base of the plate first, top with your cauliflower
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Pinot Gris.
Ingredients: 2 heads broccoli 1 large leek, halved lengthwise, rinsed 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 head garlic, unpeeled 4 cups (1L) chicken or vegetable stock 120g baby spinach leaves 125g sour cream, plus extra to serve Chilli flakes & herbs, such as basil,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations Ingredients: 2 pieces Shimeji mushroom (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Red capsicum (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Zucchini (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Eggplant (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Sweet potato...
Ingredients: 30ml Vegetable oil 1 tin of chopped tomatoes 3 small red onions, 1 sliced, 2 roughly chopped 1 Red Scotch bonnet, finely chopped 100g Tomato paste 2 Tsp curry powder 1 Tsp Thyme, Fresh preferably but dried will also work 2 Bay leaves 1lt Chicken...
Ingredients:For pastry: 225g Plain Flour 100g Butter, unsalted (Make sure it’s really cold!) 4 Tbsp water, chilled For Filling: 250ml Cream 2 Large Eggs 200g Gaunchalie (or bacon) 1 Brown Onion, diced 100g Heritage baby tomatoes (halved) 125g Gruyère cheese 50g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Ocean Spray Ingredients: 400g Venison Loin 1 Carrot chopped 1 Brown onion, diced 1 Bay Leaf 2 Sprigs Rosemary 1 Bulb Garlic 1 Glass Red wine 1 Tbsp Tomato paste 700ml Beef Stock 100g Dark chocolate ...
Ingredients: 100g self raising flour 1 egg 3 tbs sour cream 2 tins corn ½ bunch coriander 1 bunch spring onions 2 avocados 1 shallot 1 long red chilli 2 limes Method: n a mixing bowl, combine your egg, the tinned corn, ½ a shallot, sour cream and flour together,...