Salmon Caviar and CucumberMike Reid
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms
- ½ Whole cucumber
- ½ Lime juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ Cucumber peeled, into ribbons
- 3 Tbsp Pickling liquid (see other recipes)
- 100g Capers Surfine, drained
- 50g Butter, salted
- 1 Tbsp Lemon juiced
For the Tartar:
- 200g Wild Tasmanian Salmon, fillet
- 3 Tbsp Bouniroste capers
- 5g Caviar
- 2 ribbons pickled Cucumber
- 2 ribbons raw cucumber
- 1 Tsp organic Creme Fraiche
- Cucumber flowers, to garnish
- Viola Flowers, to garnish
- Juice the cucumber in your juicer, whole with skin on
- Add your half a juiced lime to the liquid and store in the fridge until needed. Use on the day of making for it to taste at its best
- Heat your pan over a medium heat, add your butter and then add your capers. Sautee them for about 3 minutes making sure you keep the capers moving every half a minute. Just before you take them off add a squeeze of lemon to the butter and cook out for about 30 seconds
- Once done take them off the stove and drain on a cloth
For the Tartar:
- Add your Salmon to the bowl, then dot your lemon creme fraiche around it
- Add your two different types of cucumber ribbons to the plate next followed by capers, caviar and flowers
- Serve with the cucumber Consommé on the side
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Grenache Shiraz Mataro.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...