Salmon Caviar and CucumberMike Reid
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms
- ½ Whole cucumber
- ½ Lime juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ Cucumber peeled, into ribbons
- 3 Tbsp Pickling liquid (see other recipes)
- 100g Capers Surfine, drained
- 50g Butter, salted
- 1 Tbsp Lemon juiced
For the Tartar:
- 200g Wild Tasmanian Salmon, fillet
- 3 Tbsp Bouniroste capers
- 5g Caviar
- 2 ribbons pickled Cucumber
- 2 ribbons raw cucumber
- 1 Tsp organic Creme Fraiche
- Cucumber flowers, to garnish
- Viola Flowers, to garnish
- Juice the cucumber in your juicer, whole with skin on
- Add your half a juiced lime to the liquid and store in the fridge until needed. Use on the day of making for it to taste at its best
- Heat your pan over a medium heat, add your butter and then add your capers. Sautee them for about 3 minutes making sure you keep the capers moving every half a minute. Just before you take them off add a squeeze of lemon to the butter and cook out for about 30 seconds
- Once done take them off the stove and drain on a cloth
For the Tartar:
- Add your Salmon to the bowl, then dot your lemon creme fraiche around it
- Add your two different types of cucumber ribbons to the plate next followed by capers, caviar and flowers
- Serve with the cucumber Consommé on the side
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Grenache Shiraz Mataro.
Ingredients: 500g fresh broad beans, in their pods 3–4 small fennel bulbs 250g frozen peas, thawed and rinsed 1 red onion, finely sliced 1 cup dill, finely chopped 1⁄2 bunch mint, finely chopped, plus extra whole leaves to garnish 1⁄2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes Romesco Sauce: 4 large red peppers 2 garlic cloves 150g ground almonds 100g sun-dried tomatoes in oil 100ml extra virgin olive oil 20ml apple cider vinegar 1 tbsp smoked paprika 1...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 1 cup Vegetable oil 4 eggs 3 lap cheong sausages, thinly sliced 2 Tbsp XO Sauce 100gm cherry tomatoes, halved ½ red onion, thinly sliced 1 green chilli, thinly sliced ½ cup coriander, roughly chopped Method: Heat oil in a wok over a...
Ingredients: ½ cup dried scallops ½ cup dried shrimp 300ml Shaoxing wine 6 long red chillies, roughly chopped 2 inch piece ginger, peeled, roughly chopped 1 head garlic (10-12 cloves), peeled, roughly chopped 2 large red shallots, roughly chopped 1 large rasher bacon,...
Ingredients: Filling: 1 bunch silverbeet, chopped finely 500g ricotta 1 egg 50g grated parmigiano cheese Sea salt Freshly cracked black pepper 1/3 nutmeg grated Sugo: 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 garlic clove, finely chopped 1 long red...
Ingredients: 100g butter 200g finely grated pecorino cheese Salt Black pepper, freshly ground Pasta Dough: 100g semolina flour 100g plain flour 80ml - 100ml water Pinch of salt Method: Make the pasta dough and allow it to rest for 20 minutes. Cut the dough into long...