Salmon Fish CakesBen O'Donoghue
- 500gm Dutch cream potatoes peeled boiled and mashed
- 2 tins of Safcol Salmon in spring water drained
- 2 tbsp chopped dill
- 2x chopped spring onions
- ½ cup kewpie mayo
- 1tbsp sriracha chilli sauce
- 3 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 4 eggs beaten
- 2 cup flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 cup of veg oil
- 50gm butter
- Combine the drained salmon with the potatoes, spring onions and dill using a tablespoon scoop your fish cake portions and shape them place your flour, bread crumbs and egg in three separate large bowls or dishes
- Place your fish cakes a few at a time into the flour and dredge well. Then place into your beaten egg mix and dredge well to coat being gentle enough that they don’t break. Then into the bread crumbs and repeat with the remaining fish cakes
- Heat your veg oil in a large frypan and add the butter when it foams carefully add your fish cakes and cook on one side until golden brown.
- Then turn and cook the other side to the same golden crunchy texture.
- Once cooked remove and drain on absorbent kitchen paper. Repeat until cooked
- For the sauce combine the mayo with sriracha and then devour!!
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...