Salmon Fish CakesBen O'Donoghue
- 500gm Dutch cream potatoes peeled boiled and mashed
- 2 tins of Safcol Salmon in spring water drained
- 2 tbsp chopped dill
- 2x chopped spring onions
- ½ cup kewpie mayo
- 1tbsp sriracha chilli sauce
- 3 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 4 eggs beaten
- 2 cup flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 cup of veg oil
- 50gm butter
- Combine the drained salmon with the potatoes, spring onions and dill using a tablespoon scoop your fish cake portions and shape them place your flour, bread crumbs and egg in three separate large bowls or dishes
- Place your fish cakes a few at a time into the flour and dredge well. Then place into your beaten egg mix and dredge well to coat being gentle enough that they don’t break. Then into the bread crumbs and repeat with the remaining fish cakes
- Heat your veg oil in a large frypan and add the butter when it foams carefully add your fish cakes and cook on one side until golden brown.
- Then turn and cook the other side to the same golden crunchy texture.
- Once cooked remove and drain on absorbent kitchen paper. Repeat until cooked
- For the sauce combine the mayo with sriracha and then devour!!
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...