Salmon Fish CakesBen O'Donoghue
- 500gm Dutch cream potatoes peeled boiled and mashed
- 2 tins of Safcol Salmon in spring water drained
- 2 tbsp chopped dill
- 2x chopped spring onions
- ½ cup kewpie mayo
- 1tbsp sriracha chilli sauce
- 3 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 4 eggs beaten
- 2 cup flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 cup of veg oil
- 50gm butter
- Combine the drained salmon with the potatoes, spring onions and dill using a tablespoon scoop your fish cake portions and shape them place your flour, bread crumbs and egg in three separate large bowls or dishes
- Place your fish cakes a few at a time into the flour and dredge well. Then place into your beaten egg mix and dredge well to coat being gentle enough that they don’t break. Then into the bread crumbs and repeat with the remaining fish cakes
- Heat your veg oil in a large frypan and add the butter when it foams carefully add your fish cakes and cook on one side until golden brown.
- Then turn and cook the other side to the same golden crunchy texture.
- Once cooked remove and drain on absorbent kitchen paper. Repeat until cooked
- For the sauce combine the mayo with sriracha and then devour!!
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...