Salmon Poke BowlMike Reid
- 60g salmon, raw
- 170g Brown rice, cooked
- 1g Black & White Sesame Seeds
- ½ Avocado Hass
- 30g Carrots
- 2g Red Chilli
- 10g Coriander, fresh
- ½ Lime
- 30ml Kewpie Mayonnaise
- 10g Pickled Ginger
- 20g Red Cabbage
- 5ml Suduchi Juice or Yuzu Juice
- Cut the salmon into an even size dice and macerate in the sudachi juice.
- In the meantime peel and freshly grate the carrot.
- Heat the rice and arrange into the bowl.
- Start to build your bowl – arrange the macerated salmon onto the rice.
- Arrange the pickled ginger, grated carrot, mayonnaise, freshly scooped avocado, fresh picked coriander and pickled red cabbage as in the photograph.
- Sprinkle a mixed colour of sesame seeds (toasted in advance) over the salmon.
- Finish with a half grilled lime and thinly sliced rounds of red chilli.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Rose.
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Laura’s Mum’s Meatball Pasta
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Crispy Chilli Oil
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...
Special Fried Rice
Ingredients: 60 ml (¼ cup) peanut oil 4 green king prawns, peeled, cleaned and roughly chopped 2 eggs, lightly beaten 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 tsp finely chopped ginger 150 gm Chinese-style barbecue pork char siu roughly chopped 555 gm (3 cups) cooked rice 1...