Salmon Poke BowlMike Reid
- 60g salmon, raw
- 170g Brown rice, cooked
- 1g Black & White Sesame Seeds
- ½ Avocado Hass
- 30g Carrots
- 2g Red Chilli
- 10g Coriander, fresh
- ½ Lime
- 30ml Kewpie Mayonnaise
- 10g Pickled Ginger
- 20g Red Cabbage
- 5ml Suduchi Juice or Yuzu Juice
- Cut the salmon into an even size dice and macerate in the sudachi juice.
- In the meantime peel and freshly grate the carrot.
- Heat the rice and arrange into the bowl.
- Start to build your bowl – arrange the macerated salmon onto the rice.
- Arrange the pickled ginger, grated carrot, mayonnaise, freshly scooped avocado, fresh picked coriander and pickled red cabbage as in the photograph.
- Sprinkle a mixed colour of sesame seeds (toasted in advance) over the salmon.
- Finish with a half grilled lime and thinly sliced rounds of red chilli.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Rose.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...