Salmon Red CurryKaren Chan
- ½ jar Valcom Red Curry Paste
- 6 Thai eggplant, quartered
- 1 salmon filet, skin on, 200 g
- 6 pieces of lychees from UFC Lychees in Syrup, drained (set aside juice for cooking)
- 1/2 cup juice from UFC Lychees in Syrup
- 1 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp oil
- Thai basil,
- Fresh coriander
- Finely sliced kaffir lime leaves
- Place the salmon on the cutting board, skin side down. Firmly hold one end of the skin, and cut between the flesh and the skin (cutting as close to the skin as possible). Sprinkle salt on both sides of the skin, set aside. Cut the salmon to 2cm slices.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a skillet over low heat. Place in salmon skin and fry until brown and crispy. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, add in juice, TCC Premium Coconut Milk and Valcom Red Curry Paste and bring to the boil.
- Add eggplant and reduce heat to simmer for 3-5 minutes until eggplant is tender.
- Add salmon and lychees and bring to boil. Turn off heat and rest for 5 minutes.
- Garnish, place salmon skin on top and serve hot.
Ingredients: 100g glass noodles (bean thread vermicelli) 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced using a vegetable peeler 4 spring onions, thinly sliced on diagonal 2 eschalots, thinly sliced 1 cup coriander sprigs 1 cup flat-leaf parsley sprigs 1-2 small red chillies,...
Ingredients: 320g semolina plus a little extra 40g greens such as spinach or Tuscan kale Extra Virgin Olive Oil Sea salt and cracked pepper Pesto 1 garlic clove, peeled 20g pine nuts 50g wild rocket 25g parmesan plus a little extra Juice of 1 lemon Method: To make the...
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...