Salmon Red CurryKaren Chan
- ½ jar Valcom Red Curry Paste
- 6 Thai eggplant, quartered
- 1 salmon filet, skin on, 200 g
- 6 pieces of lychees from UFC Lychees in Syrup, drained (set aside juice for cooking)
- 1/2 cup juice from UFC Lychees in Syrup
- 1 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp oil
- Thai basil,
- Fresh coriander
- Finely sliced kaffir lime leaves
- Place the salmon on the cutting board, skin side down. Firmly hold one end of the skin, and cut between the flesh and the skin (cutting as close to the skin as possible). Sprinkle salt on both sides of the skin, set aside. Cut the salmon to 2cm slices.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a skillet over low heat. Place in salmon skin and fry until brown and crispy. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, add in juice, TCC Premium Coconut Milk and Valcom Red Curry Paste and bring to the boil.
- Add eggplant and reduce heat to simmer for 3-5 minutes until eggplant is tender.
- Add salmon and lychees and bring to boil. Turn off heat and rest for 5 minutes.
- Garnish, place salmon skin on top and serve hot.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...