Salmon Red CurryKaren Chan
- ½ jar Valcom Red Curry Paste
- 6 Thai eggplant, quartered
- 1 salmon filet, skin on, 200 g
- 6 pieces of lychees from UFC Lychees in Syrup, drained (set aside juice for cooking)
- 1/2 cup juice from UFC Lychees in Syrup
- 1 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp oil
- Thai basil,
- Fresh coriander
- Finely sliced kaffir lime leaves
- Place the salmon on the cutting board, skin side down. Firmly hold one end of the skin, and cut between the flesh and the skin (cutting as close to the skin as possible). Sprinkle salt on both sides of the skin, set aside. Cut the salmon to 2cm slices.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a skillet over low heat. Place in salmon skin and fry until brown and crispy. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, add in juice, TCC Premium Coconut Milk and Valcom Red Curry Paste and bring to the boil.
- Add eggplant and reduce heat to simmer for 3-5 minutes until eggplant is tender.
- Add salmon and lychees and bring to boil. Turn off heat and rest for 5 minutes.
- Garnish, place salmon skin on top and serve hot.
Ingredients: 2 cup caster sugar 2 cups soy sauce 1 cup shao-hsing wine 3L water 2 inch piece ginger 8 cloves garlic 6 spring onions, 5cm batons 8 star anise 8 coriander seeds 4 cinnamon quills 4 cloves 2 pork trotters Method: Place an even layer of sugar in a large...
Ingredients: 2 cups of black-eyed beans 1 bunch of English spinach (or baby spinach, if preferred), Roughly chopped and thoroughly washed 6 spring onions, finely chopped 1 onion, sliced 1/2 cup of olive oil 1 tbsp white wine vinegar juice of 1 lemon a few sprigs of...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes and Big4 Holiday Parks Assortment of Sausages 100ml Mayonnaise ½ bulb of roasted black garlic ½ lemon juiced Long metal skewers Method: Grill your sausages on your bbq until...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian InspirationsSalmon: 200g Fresh Australian salmon, skin on, pin bones removed 50ml Vegetable oil Miso Glaze: 50g White miso paste 50ml Obento Mirin Seasoning 50g Sugar Togarashi Crackers: 1 each...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 brown onion, finely grated 2 cloves garlic, finely grated 1g saffron threads 400g Arborio Rice ½ cup dry white wine 1.5 Litres Vegetable stock 50g unsalted butter 125g parmesan, finely grated Method:...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...