Salmon SamosaKaren Chan
- 200g Safcol Salmon in Springwater, drained
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 stalks curry leaves, stalk removed
- 1 potato, cooked, peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp of your favourite curry powder mixed with ¼ cup water to form a paste
- Salt to taste
- 1/3 cup peas (frozen peas works really well in this recipe)
- 2 sheets shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 205c.
- In a hot pan, add the oil and fry the onions until translucent, before adding the curry leaves.
- Add the curry paste and cook for 2 minutes. Add in salmon, potato and peas, and stir through to mix well. Set aside to cool completely. Divide the mixture to 8 portions.
- Cut each pastry sheet to 4 squares.
- Spoon a portion of filling to the middle of a pastry square. Fold over and pinch along all sides to seal in the filling. Place on a baking tray. Repeat with the remaining filling and pastry.
- Brush with beaten egg, place tray into the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
Ingredients: 9 cherry tomatoes, halved 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced 2 tsp good-quality olive oil 1 tsp balsamic vinegar 5 basil leaves, torn, plus a few extra to serve if you like 5 pitted olives, sliced 2 large free-range egg 1 tsp small capers, rinsed salt...
Ingredients: Leftover Spaghetti Bolognese Sliced white bread Mozzarella Smoked mozzarella Grated Parmesan Butter Olive oil Mayo Pesto Salt and pepper Method: Place a scoop of pasta on one side of the bread. Then grate up your 3 cheeses and place on the other side of...
Ingredients: 250g Walnuts 250g Hazelnuts 250g Macadamia nuts 125g Pumpkin seeds 125g Sunflower seeds 60g Butter, unsalted 2 Tbsp Honey, Mr Noons honeycomb 1 Tsp Cayenne pepper 2 Tbsp Rosemary, finely chopped 1 Tbsp Cognac Method: Preheat oven to 180* Prepare...
Client - That’s Amore Cheese Typically from Puglia, this fresh creamy cheese has gained more and more popularity in the past few years, not only in Italy but overseas. Burrata is a fresh, handmade cow's milk cheese made from mozzarella and cream and it can be used in...
Ingredients: 150g guanciale, diced 3 eggs, whisked 200g pecorino cheese, grated Black pepper Salt Method: Add salt to a pot of water, and bring to a boil. Cook your pasta until al dente. In a frying pan, add the guanciale on low heat and allow it to render out the...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...