Salmon SamosaKaren Chan
- 200g Safcol Salmon in Springwater, drained
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 stalks curry leaves, stalk removed
- 1 potato, cooked, peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp of your favourite curry powder mixed with ¼ cup water to form a paste
- Salt to taste
- 1/3 cup peas (frozen peas works really well in this recipe)
- 2 sheets shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 205c.
- In a hot pan, add the oil and fry the onions until translucent, before adding the curry leaves.
- Add the curry paste and cook for 2 minutes. Add in salmon, potato and peas, and stir through to mix well. Set aside to cool completely. Divide the mixture to 8 portions.
- Cut each pastry sheet to 4 squares.
- Spoon a portion of filling to the middle of a pastry square. Fold over and pinch along all sides to seal in the filling. Place on a baking tray. Repeat with the remaining filling and pastry.
- Brush with beaten egg, place tray into the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...