Salmon SamosaKaren Chan
- 200g Safcol Salmon in Springwater, drained
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 stalks curry leaves, stalk removed
- 1 potato, cooked, peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp of your favourite curry powder mixed with ¼ cup water to form a paste
- Salt to taste
- 1/3 cup peas (frozen peas works really well in this recipe)
- 2 sheets shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 205c.
- In a hot pan, add the oil and fry the onions until translucent, before adding the curry leaves.
- Add the curry paste and cook for 2 minutes. Add in salmon, potato and peas, and stir through to mix well. Set aside to cool completely. Divide the mixture to 8 portions.
- Cut each pastry sheet to 4 squares.
- Spoon a portion of filling to the middle of a pastry square. Fold over and pinch along all sides to seal in the filling. Place on a baking tray. Repeat with the remaining filling and pastry.
- Brush with beaten egg, place tray into the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...