Salmon SamosaKaren Chan
- 200g Safcol Salmon in Springwater, drained
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 stalks curry leaves, stalk removed
- 1 potato, cooked, peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp of your favourite curry powder mixed with ¼ cup water to form a paste
- Salt to taste
- 1/3 cup peas (frozen peas works really well in this recipe)
- 2 sheets shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 205c.
- In a hot pan, add the oil and fry the onions until translucent, before adding the curry leaves.
- Add the curry paste and cook for 2 minutes. Add in salmon, potato and peas, and stir through to mix well. Set aside to cool completely. Divide the mixture to 8 portions.
- Cut each pastry sheet to 4 squares.
- Spoon a portion of filling to the middle of a pastry square. Fold over and pinch along all sides to seal in the filling. Place on a baking tray. Repeat with the remaining filling and pastry.
- Brush with beaten egg, place tray into the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...
Ingredients: 4 roma tomatoes ½ brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, finely diced 1 tbsp chilli oil ½ cup white wine 500g goolwa pippies 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped 250g fresh taglierini or linguine 1 lemon, juice only 50g unsalted butter Sea salt flakes Black...
Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour, plus extra Salt 1 ¼ cups warm water 150ml Peanut oil, plus extra Cheese Filling: 500g ricotta cheese 100gm Greek fetta 300gm cottage cheese 300ml thickened cream 2 eggs Salt Method: Combine the cheeses in a large bowl and mix together,...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 1 tbsp oil 225g Chicken mince 2 tbsp fish sauce 1 lime, juice only 1 tsp caster sugar 3 spring onions, finely chopped ¼ cucumber, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced 1cm ginger,...
Ingredients: 6 chicken thighs 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ½ bunch parsley 100g parmigiano cheese 2 garlic cloves Sea salt Black pepper Flour, for dusting 2 eggs Method: Blitz the parsley, cheese and garlic into a fine crumb and mix through the breadcrumbs. Season with...
Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and retained, cauliflower chopped into florets. 1 clove of garlic - peeled & sliced in half 1 tsp of sultanas or raisins (optional) 6 black peppercorns 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 3/4 cup...