Salmon & Spanish Onion QuicheSimone Austin
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup natural yoghurt
- ½ cup milk
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 210g can red salmon undrained
- 4 scoops Glucerna Powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Spray or grease a 20cm flan dish or a 23cm x 13cm loaf pan
- Finely chop the onion and basil and set aside
- Heat the oil in a small pan and fry the onion until it is soft and starting to brown, set aside to cool
- In a bowl beat the eggs lightly until fluffy
- In a separate bowl mix the 4 scoops of Glucerna powder with the milk until smooth
- Add the yoghurt, mustard, cheese, cooled onion, basil and salmon to the egg mixture
- Add in the Glucerna milk mix and stir until combined
- Pour into the loaf pan and cook for 30minutes or until set
- Cut into four and serve with a fresh garden salad
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 packet Udon Noodles (Hakubaku brand preferred) 250g smoked trout, torn into bite-sized slices 200g mesclun or butter lettuce, roughly torn 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, deseeded, sliced 3 spring onions, thinly sliced 1 cup fresh...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you with the help from our friends at Velisha Farms 800g Doncaster & black Russians Tomatoes, chopped ½ Red Onion, thinly sliced 1 Tbsp vinaigrette 1 Lemon, zest 10g Wild Rocket Dressing: 200ml Early harvest Olive oil 3 Tbsp...
Ingredients: Makes 2 2 Tbsp olive oil 2 clove garlic, finely chopped 2 spring onions, finely sliced 1 green chilli, finely chopped ½ bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped ½ tsp ground turmeric 1 tsp chilli powder 1 tsp ground cumin 1 tsp ground coriander 4 Eggs,...
Ingredients:Serves 1 150g Wagyu Thick Skirt 1 Hens Egg ½ Tomato, Sliced Sprigs of fresh Watercress ½ Onion, Sliced & Sautéed ½ Tbsp Dijon Mustard 1 Tbsp Spiced Tomato Chutney 1 Medium sized seeded baguette cut in half Method: Grill the wagyu from room...