Salmon Sushi Inside Out RollKhanh Ong
- 1 cup of uncooked kokuho rose sushi rice
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 sheets of Obento Yaki Nori
- 1 cucumber cut into strips
- 1⁄2 an avocado cut into strips
- 1 container of tobiko (flying fish roe) 300g (optional)
- 300g sashimi grade salmon
- Kewpie mayo
- cook the rice to the packet instructions
- combine vinegar, sugar and salt
- mix into the cooked warm rice
- set aside
- cut the 1/3rd of the nori off and then place the sheet shiny side down onto a bamboo sushi mat.
- cover mat with rice but still leaving gaps so u can see the shine through.
- flip the nori covered in rice over.
- place a line of cucumber and avocado onto the nori
- spread some tobiko over the nori also
- slice the salmon into thin strips and place a line over nori
- roll the nori using the bamboo roller but keep it tight.
- place more strips of salmon over the roll and shape using the bamboo mat.
- slice the sushi roll cover with some drizzles of mayo and then tobiko
- using a flame torch, char the salmon and tobiko.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...