Scallops with Beurre NoisetteTobie Puttock
Recipe brought to you by our friends at Wine Selectors
Serves: four as a starter
- Approx 250g scallops with the shell, cleaned.
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- Tablespoon olive oil
- Sprig of thyme
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tbsp mustard fruits, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 lemon for serving
- Pop a heavy based pan over a high heat.
- Pat the scallops dry using kitchen paper and then season generously with sea salt.
- Once the pan is hot add the oil and carefully place the dry scallops into the pan making sure they have room and the pan is not overloaded. The scallops should start sizzling right away.
- Cook the scallops for a minute or two depending on size but don’t move them until they are ready to flip.
- Once golden on the first side flip using a spatula. Add the butter, thyme and mustard fruit to the pan and cook for another minute.
- Remove the scallops to the shell to serve or a serving plate. Remove the pan from the heat and a little of the chopped parsley and finally a squeeze of lemon juice. Shake the pan too combine the ingredients and then spoon a little of the nutty mustard fruit butter over the scallops and serve right away.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...