Scallops with Beurre NoisetteTobie Puttock
Recipe brought to you by our friends at Wine Selectors
Serves: four as a starter
- Approx 250g scallops with the shell, cleaned.
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- Tablespoon olive oil
- Sprig of thyme
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tbsp mustard fruits, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 lemon for serving
- Pop a heavy based pan over a high heat.
- Pat the scallops dry using kitchen paper and then season generously with sea salt.
- Once the pan is hot add the oil and carefully place the dry scallops into the pan making sure they have room and the pan is not overloaded. The scallops should start sizzling right away.
- Cook the scallops for a minute or two depending on size but don’t move them until they are ready to flip.
- Once golden on the first side flip using a spatula. Add the butter, thyme and mustard fruit to the pan and cook for another minute.
- Remove the scallops to the shell to serve or a serving plate. Remove the pan from the heat and a little of the chopped parsley and finally a squeeze of lemon juice. Shake the pan too combine the ingredients and then spoon a little of the nutty mustard fruit butter over the scallops and serve right away.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...