Scallops with Beurre NoisetteTobie Puttock
Recipe brought to you by our friends at Wine Selectors
Serves: four as a starter
- Approx 250g scallops with the shell, cleaned.
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- Tablespoon olive oil
- Sprig of thyme
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tbsp mustard fruits, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 lemon for serving
- Pop a heavy based pan over a high heat.
- Pat the scallops dry using kitchen paper and then season generously with sea salt.
- Once the pan is hot add the oil and carefully place the dry scallops into the pan making sure they have room and the pan is not overloaded. The scallops should start sizzling right away.
- Cook the scallops for a minute or two depending on size but don’t move them until they are ready to flip.
- Once golden on the first side flip using a spatula. Add the butter, thyme and mustard fruit to the pan and cook for another minute.
- Remove the scallops to the shell to serve or a serving plate. Remove the pan from the heat and a little of the chopped parsley and finally a squeeze of lemon juice. Shake the pan too combine the ingredients and then spoon a little of the nutty mustard fruit butter over the scallops and serve right away.
Ingredients: 9 cherry tomatoes, halved 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced 2 tsp good-quality olive oil 1 tsp balsamic vinegar 5 basil leaves, torn, plus a few extra to serve if you like 5 pitted olives, sliced 2 large free-range egg 1 tsp small capers, rinsed salt...
Ingredients: Leftover Spaghetti Bolognese Sliced white bread Mozzarella Smoked mozzarella Grated Parmesan Butter Olive oil Mayo Pesto Salt and pepper Method: Place a scoop of pasta on one side of the bread. Then grate up your 3 cheeses and place on the other side of...
Ingredients: 250g Walnuts 250g Hazelnuts 250g Macadamia nuts 125g Pumpkin seeds 125g Sunflower seeds 60g Butter, unsalted 2 Tbsp Honey, Mr Noons honeycomb 1 Tsp Cayenne pepper 2 Tbsp Rosemary, finely chopped 1 Tbsp Cognac Method: Preheat oven to 180* Prepare...
Client - That’s Amore Cheese Typically from Puglia, this fresh creamy cheese has gained more and more popularity in the past few years, not only in Italy but overseas. Burrata is a fresh, handmade cow's milk cheese made from mozzarella and cream and it can be used in...
Ingredients: 150g guanciale, diced 3 eggs, whisked 200g pecorino cheese, grated Black pepper Salt Method: Add salt to a pot of water, and bring to a boil. Cook your pasta until al dente. In a frying pan, add the guanciale on low heat and allow it to render out the...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...