Scallops with Beurre NoisetteTobie Puttock
Recipe brought to you by our friends at Wine Selectors
Serves: four as a starter
- Approx 250g scallops with the shell, cleaned.
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- Tablespoon olive oil
- Sprig of thyme
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tbsp mustard fruits, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 lemon for serving
- Pop a heavy based pan over a high heat.
- Pat the scallops dry using kitchen paper and then season generously with sea salt.
- Once the pan is hot add the oil and carefully place the dry scallops into the pan making sure they have room and the pan is not overloaded. The scallops should start sizzling right away.
- Cook the scallops for a minute or two depending on size but don’t move them until they are ready to flip.
- Once golden on the first side flip using a spatula. Add the butter, thyme and mustard fruit to the pan and cook for another minute.
- Remove the scallops to the shell to serve or a serving plate. Remove the pan from the heat and a little of the chopped parsley and finally a squeeze of lemon juice. Shake the pan too combine the ingredients and then spoon a little of the nutty mustard fruit butter over the scallops and serve right away.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...