Sesame Beef Vermicelli SaladKhanh Ong
- 250g Thinly sliced scotch fillet
- 1⁄2 onion thinly sliced
- 1.5 tsp Yeo’s sesame oil
- 2 tsp Lee Kum Kee soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp butter
- 80g dry vermicelli noodles
- 1 lebanese cucumber
- 1 carrot julienned
- 1⁄2 a cup of bean shoots
- 1⁄4 cup of mint leaves
- 1⁄4 cup vietnamese mint leaves
- 1⁄4 cup coriander leaves
- 80ml Nuoc Cham Dressing
- 1 tbsp crushed roasted peanuts
- Combine scotch fillet, onion, sesame oil, soy sauce, sesame seeds in a medium mixing bowl for 15 minutes.
- In a large wok or fry pan melt the butter, then add the scotch fillet and cook while tossing for 2 minutes.
- Remove and set aside.
- In a bowl add all remaining ingredients except nuoc mam dressing and crushed peanuts and toss to combine.
- Split the salad into two bowls, top with beef and finish with nuoc mam and peanuts.
Ingredients: 500g dried chickpeas, soaked in cold water overnight 1-2 sticks of celery, finely chopped 1 large onion, chopped 150ml extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for serving Juice of 1 lemon, or more if needed 2 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped A sprinkling...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 1 tablespoon vegetable oil 1 small onion, chopped 2 garlic cloves, chopped 1 cup chopped carrot 10 habanero or carolina reaper chillies 60 ml (1⁄4 cup) lime juice 60 ml (1⁄4 cup) white vinegar 1 teaspoon English mustard 1 teaspoon salt 250 ml...
Ingredients: Makes 6 - 8 large muffins depending on amount of filling 500gm flour 500ml milk 2 eggs 20gm Baking powder 1 cup veg oil Equipment 1 x Large 6 Muffin tray Baking paper cut into 15x15cm square and cut from point ¾ into the center to make a windmill kind of...
Ingredients: 2 tbsp olive oil 1kg potatoes, cubes 1 onion, diced 2 sticks celery, sliced 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped 1 butternut pumpkin (1.5-2kg), cubed 3 saffron threads Pinch of salt and pepper Sprig of Rosemary 1.5 litres chicken stock 1 carrot, chopped...
Ingredients: Serves 2 1 tbsp Australian extra virgin olive oil 1 Australian red onion Small bunch Australian spring onions Small bunch Australian Kale 1 Australian red capsicum 1 clove Australian garlic ½ tsp cumin 1 tsp paprika Pinch cayenne pepper (optional) 1 tin...
Ingredients: 8 chicken thigh skin on Brine 500ml butter milk 1 onion 2 cloves garlic 1tbsp salt 1tsp cracked black pepper Dressing 1 cup Sour cream 1 cup Buttermilk 2 tbsp chopped Chives 1 tbsp Dijon mustard 1 tbsp Honey 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar 1 cup Extra Virgin...