Sesame Beef Vermicelli SaladKhanh Ong
- 250g Thinly sliced scotch fillet
- 1⁄2 onion thinly sliced
- 1.5 tsp Yeo’s sesame oil
- 2 tsp Lee Kum Kee soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp butter
- 80g dry vermicelli noodles
- 1 lebanese cucumber
- 1 carrot julienned
- 1⁄2 a cup of bean shoots
- 1⁄4 cup of mint leaves
- 1⁄4 cup vietnamese mint leaves
- 1⁄4 cup coriander leaves
- 80ml Nuoc Cham Dressing
- 1 tbsp crushed roasted peanuts
- Combine scotch fillet, onion, sesame oil, soy sauce, sesame seeds in a medium mixing bowl for 15 minutes.
- In a large wok or fry pan melt the butter, then add the scotch fillet and cook while tossing for 2 minutes.
- Remove and set aside.
- In a bowl add all remaining ingredients except nuoc mam dressing and crushed peanuts and toss to combine.
- Split the salad into two bowls, top with beef and finish with nuoc mam and peanuts.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...