Shrimp Tempura Soba SaladCharlie & David
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations.
Serves 2 Prep: 15 mins Cook: 25 mins
- 180g (2 bundles) Hakubaku soba noodles, cooked according to packet instructions
- 10 shrimp, peeled, tails left intact and deveined
- 1 cup tempura batter mix
- ¾ cup cold water vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 50g pea sprouts, for garnish
- ¼ cup KEWPIE Japanese Dressing Sesame Soy
- ¼ cup KEWPIE Mayonnaise Wasabi Flavour
- To keep shrimp long and straight, make 3 to 4 horizontal shallow slits along the underside of each prawn. Turn the shrimp over. Press down firmly on the shrimp. Moving from one end to the other, until the shrimp is completely straight.
- In a bowl, add ½ cup tempura batter mix with prawn and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, mix remaining tempura batter mix with water to make dipping batter. 4. In a medium pot, heat 3cm of oil to 180°C and maintain oil temperature at all times.
- Add shrimp into dipping batter. Pick up shrimp by the tail and let excess drop off for 1-2 seconds and gently place into hot oil for 2 mins or until golden brown and cooked.
- Continue battering and adding one piece at a time.