Sicilian Veal MeatballsTobie Puttock
- 50g fresh homemade breadcrumbs
- 50ml milk
- 250g-ground pork
- 250g-ground veal
- Good handful of freshly grated pecorino
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 teaspoons of fennel seeds
- Small handful of freshly picked marjoram
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 40 small or 20 large lemon leaves
- Pop the breadcrumbs and the milk into a mixing bowl and allow to sit for a few moments.
- While the breadcrumbs are soaking, toast the fennel seeds in a dry pan for a minute or so or until you can smell the aromas. Remove right away and grind in a mortar and pestle, add the marjoram and the garlic along with a pinch of salt and grind to a paste.
- Add the marjoram and garlic mixture to the bowl with the bread and now add the pork, veal, pecorino and the lemon zest and use your hands to mix thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Shape the mixture into patties the size of golf balls, flattening them slightly. Place a lemon leaf on each side of each pattie or if you are using larger leaves you can wrap one around both sides of a pattie, you may need a toothpick to secure it.
- Cook the meatballs over a pre-heated BBQ for a couple of minutes on each side and serve.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Grenache.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...