Sicilian Veal MeatballsTobie Puttock
- 50g fresh homemade breadcrumbs
- 50ml milk
- 250g-ground pork
- 250g-ground veal
- Good handful of freshly grated pecorino
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 teaspoons of fennel seeds
- Small handful of freshly picked marjoram
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 40 small or 20 large lemon leaves
- Pop the breadcrumbs and the milk into a mixing bowl and allow to sit for a few moments.
- While the breadcrumbs are soaking, toast the fennel seeds in a dry pan for a minute or so or until you can smell the aromas. Remove right away and grind in a mortar and pestle, add the marjoram and the garlic along with a pinch of salt and grind to a paste.
- Add the marjoram and garlic mixture to the bowl with the bread and now add the pork, veal, pecorino and the lemon zest and use your hands to mix thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Shape the mixture into patties the size of golf balls, flattening them slightly. Place a lemon leaf on each side of each pattie or if you are using larger leaves you can wrap one around both sides of a pattie, you may need a toothpick to secure it.
- Cook the meatballs over a pre-heated BBQ for a couple of minutes on each side and serve.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Grenache.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...