Slow Cooked Yellow Beans with FetaBen O'Donoghue
- Small bunch of marjoram or oregano, leaves picked
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head garlic, broken into cloves
- 2 × 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 750g yellow wax beans or green beans, trimmed
- 100g Feta
- 1x Handful of chopped mint and coriander
- Place half the marjoram leaves, the lemon juice, a pinch of salt and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a mortar and crush with a pestle into a rough paste.
- Slice the remaining 2 garlic cloves. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, add the sliced garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Arrange the beans on top of the tomatoes, cover with a piece of damp baking paper and leave to bubble gently for about 15–20 minutes, or until the beans have softened.
- Stir the remaining lemon zest and marjoram through the cooked beans. Serve on a platter, topping with feta and fresh herbs
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...