Slow Cooked Yellow Beans with FetaBen O'Donoghue
- Small bunch of marjoram or oregano, leaves picked
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head garlic, broken into cloves
- 2 × 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 750g yellow wax beans or green beans, trimmed
- 100g Feta
- 1x Handful of chopped mint and coriander
- Place half the marjoram leaves, the lemon juice, a pinch of salt and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a mortar and crush with a pestle into a rough paste.
- Slice the remaining 2 garlic cloves. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, add the sliced garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Arrange the beans on top of the tomatoes, cover with a piece of damp baking paper and leave to bubble gently for about 15–20 minutes, or until the beans have softened.
- Stir the remaining lemon zest and marjoram through the cooked beans. Serve on a platter, topping with feta and fresh herbs
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...