Slow Cooked Yellow Beans with FetaBen O'Donoghue
- Small bunch of marjoram or oregano, leaves picked
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head garlic, broken into cloves
- 2 × 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 750g yellow wax beans or green beans, trimmed
- 100g Feta
- 1x Handful of chopped mint and coriander
- Place half the marjoram leaves, the lemon juice, a pinch of salt and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a mortar and crush with a pestle into a rough paste.
- Slice the remaining 2 garlic cloves. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, add the sliced garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Arrange the beans on top of the tomatoes, cover with a piece of damp baking paper and leave to bubble gently for about 15–20 minutes, or until the beans have softened.
- Stir the remaining lemon zest and marjoram through the cooked beans. Serve on a platter, topping with feta and fresh herbs
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...