Smashed Avo with Oven Baked TomatoesJoel Feren
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, cubed
- 2 scoops Ensure Neutral powder
- Juice of ½ a lime
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 slices grainy sourdough bread, toasted
- 250g cherry truss tomatoes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Balsamic glaze to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place tomatoes on a baking tray and drizzle with 1 tbsp of oil. Cook for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Add avocado, Ensure powder, lime juice, garlic, basil and seasoning to a mixing bowl and gently mash with a fork to combine. Make sure there are no visible lumps of Ensure powder in the mixture.
- Drizzle toasted grainy sourdough slices with remaining oil.
- Generously spread avocado mixture on toast and top with roasted cherry tomatoes.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze prior to serving.
- Consider serving with eggs and/or bacon.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...