Snapper Wings, Warrigal Greens, Native LimeAlastair McLeod
- 1kg large snapper wings
- ½ cup plain flour
- Sunflower oil for frying + additional for warrigal greens
- 80g butter
- 50g Bauple nuts, cracked
- 6 finger lime
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 large handfuls warrigal greens + other coastal flora
- Sea salt and freshly milled pepper
- Clean and scale snapper wings then pat dry with a paper towel. Cover with flour and shake off excess.
- Heat oil in a large wok to 180C. Carefully place wings in oil and fry until crisp and golden then transfer to a cake rack set over a baking tray and season with salt.
- Meanwhile, preheat a heavy based fry pan over medium heat, add butter and Macadamia and increase the heat. Once the butter starts to foam and turn brown remove from the heat, add finger lime, lime juice and parsley and stir to combine.
- Season to taste.
- To steam warrigal greens, drizzle a little oil in a preheated pan, add greens, a splash of water and cover with a lid until just wilted.
- Arrange greens and wings on a plate and spoon over Macadamia butter sauce.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Riesling.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...