Snapper Wings, Warrigal Greens, Native LimeAlastair McLeod
- 1kg large snapper wings
- ½ cup plain flour
- Sunflower oil for frying + additional for warrigal greens
- 80g butter
- 50g Bauple nuts, cracked
- 6 finger lime
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 large handfuls warrigal greens + other coastal flora
- Sea salt and freshly milled pepper
- Clean and scale snapper wings then pat dry with a paper towel. Cover with flour and shake off excess.
- Heat oil in a large wok to 180C. Carefully place wings in oil and fry until crisp and golden then transfer to a cake rack set over a baking tray and season with salt.
- Meanwhile, preheat a heavy based fry pan over medium heat, add butter and Macadamia and increase the heat. Once the butter starts to foam and turn brown remove from the heat, add finger lime, lime juice and parsley and stir to combine.
- Season to taste.
- To steam warrigal greens, drizzle a little oil in a preheated pan, add greens, a splash of water and cover with a lid until just wilted.
- Arrange greens and wings on a plate and spoon over Macadamia butter sauce.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Riesling.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...