Snapper Wings, Warrigal Greens, Native LimeAlastair McLeod
- 1kg large snapper wings
- ½ cup plain flour
- Sunflower oil for frying + additional for warrigal greens
- 80g butter
- 50g Bauple nuts, cracked
- 6 finger lime
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 large handfuls warrigal greens + other coastal flora
- Sea salt and freshly milled pepper
- Clean and scale snapper wings then pat dry with a paper towel. Cover with flour and shake off excess.
- Heat oil in a large wok to 180C. Carefully place wings in oil and fry until crisp and golden then transfer to a cake rack set over a baking tray and season with salt.
- Meanwhile, preheat a heavy based fry pan over medium heat, add butter and Macadamia and increase the heat. Once the butter starts to foam and turn brown remove from the heat, add finger lime, lime juice and parsley and stir to combine.
- Season to taste.
- To steam warrigal greens, drizzle a little oil in a preheated pan, add greens, a splash of water and cover with a lid until just wilted.
- Arrange greens and wings on a plate and spoon over Macadamia butter sauce.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Riesling.
Ingredients: 500g fresh broad beans, in their pods 3–4 small fennel bulbs 250g frozen peas, thawed and rinsed 1 red onion, finely sliced 1 cup dill, finely chopped 1⁄2 bunch mint, finely chopped, plus extra whole leaves to garnish 1⁄2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes Romesco Sauce: 4 large red peppers 2 garlic cloves 150g ground almonds 100g sun-dried tomatoes in oil 100ml extra virgin olive oil 20ml apple cider vinegar 1 tbsp smoked paprika 1...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 1 cup Vegetable oil 4 eggs 3 lap cheong sausages, thinly sliced 2 Tbsp XO Sauce 100gm cherry tomatoes, halved ½ red onion, thinly sliced 1 green chilli, thinly sliced ½ cup coriander, roughly chopped Method: Heat oil in a wok over a...
Ingredients: ½ cup dried scallops ½ cup dried shrimp 300ml Shaoxing wine 6 long red chillies, roughly chopped 2 inch piece ginger, peeled, roughly chopped 1 head garlic (10-12 cloves), peeled, roughly chopped 2 large red shallots, roughly chopped 1 large rasher bacon,...
Ingredients: Filling: 1 bunch silverbeet, chopped finely 500g ricotta 1 egg 50g grated parmigiano cheese Sea salt Freshly cracked black pepper 1/3 nutmeg grated Sugo: 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 garlic clove, finely chopped 1 long red...
Ingredients: 100g butter 200g finely grated pecorino cheese Salt Black pepper, freshly ground Pasta Dough: 100g semolina flour 100g plain flour 80ml - 100ml water Pinch of salt Method: Make the pasta dough and allow it to rest for 20 minutes. Cut the dough into long...