Snapper Wings, Warrigal Greens, Native LimeAlastair McLeod
- 1kg large snapper wings
- ½ cup plain flour
- Sunflower oil for frying + additional for warrigal greens
- 80g butter
- 50g Bauple nuts, cracked
- 6 finger lime
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 large handfuls warrigal greens + other coastal flora
- Sea salt and freshly milled pepper
- Clean and scale snapper wings then pat dry with a paper towel. Cover with flour and shake off excess.
- Heat oil in a large wok to 180C. Carefully place wings in oil and fry until crisp and golden then transfer to a cake rack set over a baking tray and season with salt.
- Meanwhile, preheat a heavy based fry pan over medium heat, add butter and Macadamia and increase the heat. Once the butter starts to foam and turn brown remove from the heat, add finger lime, lime juice and parsley and stir to combine.
- Season to taste.
- To steam warrigal greens, drizzle a little oil in a preheated pan, add greens, a splash of water and cover with a lid until just wilted.
- Arrange greens and wings on a plate and spoon over Macadamia butter sauce.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Riesling.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...