Southern Fried Chicken SandwichBen O'Donoghue
- Sliced jalapeno chilli pickled
- 600g chicken tenders
- Sunflower oil for frying
- Kewpie sesame dressing
- Iceberg lettuce
- ½ cup butter milk / yoghurt
- Soft white bread
- 1 ½ cup chickpea flour
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 Massel stock cube chicken
- 1tsp black pepper cracked
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- Place the chicken tenders in the yoghurt and season with salt and pepper
- Slice the avo, tomato and lettuce
- For the crumb combine all the ingredients in a bowl
- To cook the chicken, heat 1 cup of sunflower oil in a fry pan, dip the chicken tenders into the flour mixture and shallow fry until crispy remove from the oil and drain.
- Arrange the sliced avocado, lettuce and tomato on the soft white bread. Dress with lashings of sesame dressing and top with fried chicken tenders and top with the remaining bread.
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Laura’s Mum’s Meatball Pasta
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Crispy Chilli Oil
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...
Special Fried Rice
Ingredients: 60 ml (¼ cup) peanut oil 4 green king prawns, peeled, cleaned and roughly chopped 2 eggs, lightly beaten 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 tsp finely chopped ginger 150 gm Chinese-style barbecue pork char siu roughly chopped 555 gm (3 cups) cooked rice 1...