Southern Fried Chicken SandwichBen O'Donoghue
- Sliced jalapeno chilli pickled
- 600g chicken tenders
- Sunflower oil for frying
- Kewpee sesame dressing
- Iceberg lettuce
- ½ cup butter milk / yoghurt
- Soft white bread
- 1 ½ cup chickpea flour
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 massel stock cube chicken
- 1tsp black pepper cracked
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- Place the chicken tenders in the yoghurt and season with salt and pepper
- Slice the avo, tomato and lettuce
- For the crumb combine all the ingredients in a bowl
- To cook the chicken, heat 1 cup of sunflower oil in a fry pan, dip the chicken tenders into the flour mixture and shallow fry until crispy remove from the oil and drain.
- Arrange the sliced avocado, lettuce and tomato on the soft white bread. Dress with lashings of sesame dressing and top with fried chicken tenders and top with the remaining bread.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...