Spaghetti and MeatballsSimone Austin
- 1kg beef mince
- 1 medium brown onion, grated
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 scoops Glucerna powder
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 x 410g can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup beef or vegetable liquid stock
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 x 500g packet dried spaghetti
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh continental parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded fresh basil
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Combine the mince, onion, breadcrumbs, Glucerna powder, garlic and egg in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Use your hands to mix until combined. Roll 1 heaped tablespoonful of mince mixture into a ball and place on prepared tray. Repeat with the remaining mince mixture.
- Heat ½ tablespoon of oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add one-third of the meatballs and cook, turning, for 8 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Repeat, in batches, adding oil as needed between batches.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add in the tomato, tomato paste and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the meat balls and cook gently for 10 minutes or until meat balls are heated through and sauce thickens.
- Cook the pasta and drain.
- Add the basil, parsley, salt and pepper to taste to the sauce. Serve the pasta in bowl and top with the meat ball and sauce.
For more details on Glucerna, go to glucerna.com.au
- A favourite in my household is spaghetti and meatballs. You could make these with beef mince like we will today, or you could try pork, chicken or even kangaroo mince which I often do at home and they are always a winner.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...