Spaghetti and MeatballsSimone Austin
- 1kg beef mince
- 1 medium brown onion, grated
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 scoops Glucerna powder
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 x 410g can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup beef or vegetable liquid stock
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 x 500g packet dried spaghetti
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh continental parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded fresh basil
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Combine the mince, onion, breadcrumbs, Glucerna powder, garlic and egg in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Use your hands to mix until combined. Roll 1 heaped tablespoonful of mince mixture into a ball and place on prepared tray. Repeat with the remaining mince mixture.
- Heat ½ tablespoon of oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add one-third of the meatballs and cook, turning, for 8 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Repeat, in batches, adding oil as needed between batches.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add in the tomato, tomato paste and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the meat balls and cook gently for 10 minutes or until meat balls are heated through and sauce thickens.
- Cook the pasta and drain.
- Add the basil, parsley, salt and pepper to taste to the sauce. Serve the pasta in bowl and top with the meat ball and sauce.
For more details on Glucerna, go to glucerna.com.au
- A favourite in my household is spaghetti and meatballs. You could make these with beef mince like we will today, or you could try pork, chicken or even kangaroo mince which I often do at home and they are always a winner.
Ingredients: 2 cup caster sugar 2 cups soy sauce 1 cup shao-hsing wine 3L water 2 inch piece ginger 8 cloves garlic 6 spring onions, 5cm batons 8 star anise 8 coriander seeds 4 cinnamon quills 4 cloves 2 pork trotters Method: Place an even layer of sugar in a large...
Ingredients: 2 cups of black-eyed beans 1 bunch of English spinach (or baby spinach, if preferred), Roughly chopped and thoroughly washed 6 spring onions, finely chopped 1 onion, sliced 1/2 cup of olive oil 1 tbsp white wine vinegar juice of 1 lemon a few sprigs of...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes and Big4 Holiday Parks Assortment of Sausages 100ml Mayonnaise ½ bulb of roasted black garlic ½ lemon juiced Long metal skewers Method: Grill your sausages on your bbq until...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian InspirationsSalmon: 200g Fresh Australian salmon, skin on, pin bones removed 50ml Vegetable oil Miso Glaze: 50g White miso paste 50ml Obento Mirin Seasoning 50g Sugar Togarashi Crackers: 1 each...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 brown onion, finely grated 2 cloves garlic, finely grated 1g saffron threads 400g Arborio Rice ½ cup dry white wine 1.5 Litres Vegetable stock 50g unsalted butter 125g parmesan, finely grated Method:...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...