Spaghetti BologneseElena Duggan
- 50g Olive Oil
- 250g Pork Mince
- 250g Beef Mince
- 100g Carrot, finely diced
- 100g Celery, finely diced
- 100g Onion, finely diced
- 100g Zucchini, finely diced
- 100g Mushrooms, finely diced
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- Handful of fresh thyme and fresh oregano, leaves only
- 150g Beef Stock
- 150g Red Wine
- 700g Passata
- 50g Tomato paste
- 50g Red Wine Vinegar
- 25-50g Stevia
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 packet Spaghetti
- Parmesan, finely grated
- Parsley, finely grated
- Heat oil in a large heavy based fry pan over medium to high heat.
- Cook off onions until translucent, then add combined mince meat until its about half browned.
- Stir through vegetables, garlic and herbs and cook until softened
- Pour in red wine and using a wooden spoon, dislodge all the flavour sediment at the bottom of the pan.
- Add all other liquid and stir through gently and thoroughly.
- Cook uncovered on a medium simmer for at least 30 minutes, gently stirring to ensure no burning or drying out.
- A low temperature for a longer period of time reaps the best flavour rewards, so give it as much time to richen and thicken as you can.
- Cook pasta as per packet instructions, drain and keep warm.
- Season sauce to taste with stevia, salt and pepper.
- Serve bolognese sauce generously over a pile of spaghetti.
- Serve with your favourite tasty or Parmesan cheese, finely chopped parsley – quantity as desired.
Ingredients: 100g glass noodles (bean thread vermicelli) 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced using a vegetable peeler 4 spring onions, thinly sliced on diagonal 2 eschalots, thinly sliced 1 cup coriander sprigs 1 cup flat-leaf parsley sprigs 1-2 small red chillies,...
Ingredients: 320g semolina plus a little extra 40g greens such as spinach or Tuscan kale Extra Virgin Olive Oil Sea salt and cracked pepper Pesto 1 garlic clove, peeled 20g pine nuts 50g wild rocket 25g parmesan plus a little extra Juice of 1 lemon Method: To make the...
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...