Spaghetti BologneseElena Duggan
- 50g Olive Oil
- 250g Pork Mince
- 250g Beef Mince
- 100g Carrot, finely diced
- 100g Celery, finely diced
- 100g Onion, finely diced
- 100g Zucchini, finely diced
- 100g Mushrooms, finely diced
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- Handful of fresh thyme and fresh oregano, leaves only
- 150g Beef Stock
- 150g Red Wine
- 700g Passata
- 50g Tomato paste
- 50g Red Wine Vinegar
- 25-50g Stevia
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 packet Spaghetti
- Parmesan, finely grated
- Parsley, finely grated
- Heat oil in a large heavy based fry pan over medium to high heat.
- Cook off onions until translucent, then add combined mince meat until its about half browned.
- Stir through vegetables, garlic and herbs and cook until softened
- Pour in red wine and using a wooden spoon, dislodge all the flavour sediment at the bottom of the pan.
- Add all other liquid and stir through gently and thoroughly.
- Cook uncovered on a medium simmer for at least 30 minutes, gently stirring to ensure no burning or drying out.
- A low temperature for a longer period of time reaps the best flavour rewards, so give it as much time to richen and thicken as you can.
- Cook pasta as per packet instructions, drain and keep warm.
- Season sauce to taste with stevia, salt and pepper.
- Serve bolognese sauce generously over a pile of spaghetti.
- Serve with your favourite tasty or Parmesan cheese, finely chopped parsley – quantity as desired.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...