Spicy Honey Baked Chicken WingsBen O'Donoghue
- 1kg chicken wings (cut in half)
- 3x tbsp soy sauce
- 2x tbsp of honey
- 2x tbsp veg oil
- 3x tsp chilli powder
- 2x tsp curry powder
- 1 level tsp salt flakes
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 6 cloves of garlic ground to a paste
- 1 tbsp Chinese rice wine
- 1 tbsp butter
- Preheat the oven to 180’c
- Combine the soy, veg oil, chilli powder, curry powder, salt, ginger and garlic paste, rice wine and honey. Mix well
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and refrigerate. The longer you marinate the better.
- Place the marinated chicken wings in a baking tray lined with baking paper. Place in the oven and bake for at least 60 minutes turning from time to time.
- They should be sticky golden brown when fully cooked
- Serve with lemon rice
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...