Spicy Salmon Quesadilla / ToastieKaren Chan
- 200g Safcol Salmon in Springwater, drained
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp paprika (sweet or smoked paprika works well)
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 green chili – sliced
- Handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar/ tasty cheese
- 2 flour tortillas (or sliced bread to make toasties)
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Salsa for serving
- In a hot pan, add the oil and fry the onions until translucent, before adding the garlic.
- Add in paprika, cumin and cinnamon and fry for another minute before adding the salmon and chili. Season to taste. Set aside.
- Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel.
- On a low heat, place the tortilla on the pan. Spread some of the mixture on half of the tortilla, top with sliced tomatoes and grated cheese. Fold the other side of the tortilla over. Using a spatula, hold it in place white the cheese melts. Flip it over to toast the other side.
- Serve with salsa or tomato sauce.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Rose.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...