Spicy Salmon Quesadilla / ToastieKaren Chan
- 200g Safcol Salmon in Springwater, drained
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp paprika (sweet or smoked paprika works well)
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 green chili – sliced
- Handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar/ tasty cheese
- 2 flour tortillas (or sliced bread to make toasties)
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Salsa for serving
- In a hot pan, add the oil and fry the onions until translucent, before adding the garlic.
- Add in paprika, cumin and cinnamon and fry for another minute before adding the salmon and chili. Season to taste. Set aside.
- Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel.
- On a low heat, place the tortilla on the pan. Spread some of the mixture on half of the tortilla, top with sliced tomatoes and grated cheese. Fold the other side of the tortilla over. Using a spatula, hold it in place white the cheese melts. Flip it over to toast the other side.
- Serve with salsa or tomato sauce.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Rose.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...