Spicy Salmon Quesadilla / ToastieKaren Chan
- 200g Safcol Salmon in Springwater, drained
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp paprika (sweet or smoked paprika works well)
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 green chili – sliced
- Handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar/ tasty cheese
- 2 flour tortillas (or sliced bread to make toasties)
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Salsa for serving
- In a hot pan, add the oil and fry the onions until translucent, before adding the garlic.
- Add in paprika, cumin and cinnamon and fry for another minute before adding the salmon and chili. Season to taste. Set aside.
- Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel.
- On a low heat, place the tortilla on the pan. Spread some of the mixture on half of the tortilla, top with sliced tomatoes and grated cheese. Fold the other side of the tortilla over. Using a spatula, hold it in place white the cheese melts. Flip it over to toast the other side.
- Serve with salsa or tomato sauce.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Rose.
Ingredients: 9 cherry tomatoes, halved 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced 2 tsp good-quality olive oil 1 tsp balsamic vinegar 5 basil leaves, torn, plus a few extra to serve if you like 5 pitted olives, sliced 2 large free-range egg 1 tsp small capers, rinsed salt...
Ingredients: Leftover Spaghetti Bolognese Sliced white bread Mozzarella Smoked mozzarella Grated Parmesan Butter Olive oil Mayo Pesto Salt and pepper Method: Place a scoop of pasta on one side of the bread. Then grate up your 3 cheeses and place on the other side of...
Ingredients: 250g Walnuts 250g Hazelnuts 250g Macadamia nuts 125g Pumpkin seeds 125g Sunflower seeds 60g Butter, unsalted 2 Tbsp Honey, Mr Noons honeycomb 1 Tsp Cayenne pepper 2 Tbsp Rosemary, finely chopped 1 Tbsp Cognac Method: Preheat oven to 180* Prepare...
Client - That’s Amore Cheese Typically from Puglia, this fresh creamy cheese has gained more and more popularity in the past few years, not only in Italy but overseas. Burrata is a fresh, handmade cow's milk cheese made from mozzarella and cream and it can be used in...
Ingredients: 150g guanciale, diced 3 eggs, whisked 200g pecorino cheese, grated Black pepper Salt Method: Add salt to a pot of water, and bring to a boil. Cook your pasta until al dente. In a frying pan, add the guanciale on low heat and allow it to render out the...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...