Spicy Salmon Quesadilla / ToastieKaren Chan
- 200g Safcol Salmon in Springwater, drained
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp paprika (sweet or smoked paprika works well)
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 green chili – sliced
- Handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar/ tasty cheese
- 2 flour tortillas (or sliced bread to make toasties)
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Salsa for serving
- In a hot pan, add the oil and fry the onions until translucent, before adding the garlic.
- Add in paprika, cumin and cinnamon and fry for another minute before adding the salmon and chili. Season to taste. Set aside.
- Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel.
- On a low heat, place the tortilla on the pan. Spread some of the mixture on half of the tortilla, top with sliced tomatoes and grated cheese. Fold the other side of the tortilla over. Using a spatula, hold it in place white the cheese melts. Flip it over to toast the other side.
- Serve with salsa or tomato sauce.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Rose.
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...
Ingredients: 4 roma tomatoes ½ brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, finely diced 1 tbsp chilli oil ½ cup white wine 500g goolwa pippies 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped 250g fresh taglierini or linguine 1 lemon, juice only 50g unsalted butter Sea salt flakes Black...
Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour, plus extra Salt 1 ¼ cups warm water 150ml Peanut oil, plus extra Cheese Filling: 500g ricotta cheese 100gm Greek fetta 300gm cottage cheese 300ml thickened cream 2 eggs Salt Method: Combine the cheeses in a large bowl and mix together,...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 1 tbsp oil 225g Chicken mince 2 tbsp fish sauce 1 lime, juice only 1 tsp caster sugar 3 spring onions, finely chopped ¼ cucumber, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced 1cm ginger,...
Ingredients: 6 chicken thighs 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ½ bunch parsley 100g parmigiano cheese 2 garlic cloves Sea salt Black pepper Flour, for dusting 2 eggs Method: Blitz the parsley, cheese and garlic into a fine crumb and mix through the breadcrumbs. Season with...
Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and retained, cauliflower chopped into florets. 1 clove of garlic - peeled & sliced in half 1 tsp of sultanas or raisins (optional) 6 black peppercorns 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 3/4 cup...