Spicy Sweet Pulled PorkKaren Chan
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations
- 800g pork scotch
- Water to cover
- 4 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce Kecap Manis
- Chilli flakes
- 8 tbsp shallots (minced)
- 4 tsp garlic (minced)
- 4 tsp galangal powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 8 tbsp oil
- Mix all spice paste ingredients in a bowl and allow to sit for 10 mins.
- Heat pot over medium heat and stir-fry the paste until fragrant and the oil splits from the paste, about 5 mins.
- Add pork and water. Cover and simmer until pork is tender (about 1.5-2 hrs).
- Remove pot from the heat and shred cooked pork using 2 forks. Then, return to the stove on low heat. As the sauce simmers, add ABC Sweet Soy Sauce Kecap Manis. Season with salt and sugar.
- Garnish with chilli flakes and serve with steamed rice, blanched greens and extra drizzle of ABC Sweet Soy Sauce Kecap Manis.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Grüner Veltliner.
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...
Ingredients: 4 roma tomatoes ½ brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, finely diced 1 tbsp chilli oil ½ cup white wine 500g goolwa pippies 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped 250g fresh taglierini or linguine 1 lemon, juice only 50g unsalted butter Sea salt flakes Black...
Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour, plus extra Salt 1 ¼ cups warm water 150ml Peanut oil, plus extra Cheese Filling: 500g ricotta cheese 100gm Greek fetta 300gm cottage cheese 300ml thickened cream 2 eggs Salt Method: Combine the cheeses in a large bowl and mix together,...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 1 tbsp oil 225g Chicken mince 2 tbsp fish sauce 1 lime, juice only 1 tsp caster sugar 3 spring onions, finely chopped ¼ cucumber, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced 1cm ginger,...
Ingredients: 6 chicken thighs 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ½ bunch parsley 100g parmigiano cheese 2 garlic cloves Sea salt Black pepper Flour, for dusting 2 eggs Method: Blitz the parsley, cheese and garlic into a fine crumb and mix through the breadcrumbs. Season with...
Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and retained, cauliflower chopped into florets. 1 clove of garlic - peeled & sliced in half 1 tsp of sultanas or raisins (optional) 6 black peppercorns 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 3/4 cup...