Spiral Cut Sirloin, Parsley, Garlic and LemonMike Reid
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Supreme Caravans
- 300 Sirloin, grain fed
- 2 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 sprigs Parsley
- 1 Tsp Aji molido
- 100ml Early harvest olive oil
- Insert your knife at a 45° degree angle with the blade pointing downwards about a ¼ inch of the base of the steak. Start to cut into the steak whilst rolling the beef outwards as you are doing so
- Once the beef has been cut put to one side and repeat with the other steaks
- On a clean board chop your garlic to a fine paste, parsley and mix together, adding your aji molido and vegetable oil
- Marinate for at least 12 hours or overnight in the refrigerator
- When ready, cook over a hot bbq or a griddle pan will work too if it’s a bit wet outside and cook for about 3 minutes on a medium heat on the first side ensuring you season the showing side of the steak with sea salt. Turn it over and cook for a further 1 minute for a medium rare.
Chefs Tip: Always make sure your beef has come to room temperature before cooking. This will help it to cook evenly and give you a better tasting steak
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Malbec.
Ingredients: 2 cup caster sugar 2 cups soy sauce 1 cup shao-hsing wine 3L water 2 inch piece ginger 8 cloves garlic 6 spring onions, 5cm batons 8 star anise 8 coriander seeds 4 cinnamon quills 4 cloves 2 pork trotters Method: Place an even layer of sugar in a large...
Ingredients: 2 cups of black-eyed beans 1 bunch of English spinach (or baby spinach, if preferred), Roughly chopped and thoroughly washed 6 spring onions, finely chopped 1 onion, sliced 1/2 cup of olive oil 1 tbsp white wine vinegar juice of 1 lemon a few sprigs of...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes and Big4 Holiday Parks Assortment of Sausages 100ml Mayonnaise ½ bulb of roasted black garlic ½ lemon juiced Long metal skewers Method: Grill your sausages on your bbq until...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian InspirationsSalmon: 200g Fresh Australian salmon, skin on, pin bones removed 50ml Vegetable oil Miso Glaze: 50g White miso paste 50ml Obento Mirin Seasoning 50g Sugar Togarashi Crackers: 1 each...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 brown onion, finely grated 2 cloves garlic, finely grated 1g saffron threads 400g Arborio Rice ½ cup dry white wine 1.5 Litres Vegetable stock 50g unsalted butter 125g parmesan, finely grated Method:...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...