Spiral Cut Sirloin, Parsley, Garlic and LemonMike Reid
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Supreme Caravans
- 300 Sirloin, grain fed
- 2 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 sprigs Parsley
- 1 Tsp Aji molido
- 100ml Early harvest olive oil
- Insert your knife at a 45° degree angle with the blade pointing downwards about a ¼ inch of the base of the steak. Start to cut into the steak whilst rolling the beef outwards as you are doing so
- Once the beef has been cut put to one side and repeat with the other steaks
- On a clean board chop your garlic to a fine paste, parsley and mix together, adding your aji molido and vegetable oil
- Marinate for at least 12 hours or overnight in the refrigerator
- When ready, cook over a hot bbq or a griddle pan will work too if it’s a bit wet outside and cook for about 3 minutes on a medium heat on the first side ensuring you season the showing side of the steak with sea salt. Turn it over and cook for a further 1 minute for a medium rare.
Chefs Tip: Always make sure your beef has come to room temperature before cooking. This will help it to cook evenly and give you a better tasting steak
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Malbec.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...