Spiral Cut Sirloin, Parsley, Garlic and LemonMike Reid
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Supreme Caravans
- 300 Sirloin, grain fed
- 2 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 sprigs Parsley
- 1 Tsp Aji molido
- 100ml Early harvest olive oil
- Insert your knife at a 45° degree angle with the blade pointing downwards about a ¼ inch of the base of the steak. Start to cut into the steak whilst rolling the beef outwards as you are doing so
- Once the beef has been cut put to one side and repeat with the other steaks
- On a clean board chop your garlic to a fine paste, parsley and mix together, adding your aji molido and vegetable oil
- Marinate for at least 12 hours or overnight in the refrigerator
- When ready, cook over a hot bbq or a griddle pan will work too if it’s a bit wet outside and cook for about 3 minutes on a medium heat on the first side ensuring you season the showing side of the steak with sea salt. Turn it over and cook for a further 1 minute for a medium rare.
Chefs Tip: Always make sure your beef has come to room temperature before cooking. This will help it to cook evenly and give you a better tasting steak
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Malbec.
Ingredients: 2 heads broccoli 1 large leek, halved lengthwise, rinsed 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 head garlic, unpeeled 4 cups (1L) chicken or vegetable stock 120g baby spinach leaves 125g sour cream, plus extra to serve Chilli flakes & herbs, such as basil,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations Ingredients: 2 pieces Shimeji mushroom (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Red capsicum (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Zucchini (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Eggplant (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Sweet potato...
Ingredients: 30ml Vegetable oil 1 tin of chopped tomatoes 3 small red onions, 1 sliced, 2 roughly chopped 1 Red Scotch bonnet, finely chopped 100g Tomato paste 2 Tsp curry powder 1 Tsp Thyme, Fresh preferably but dried will also work 2 Bay leaves 1lt Chicken...
Ingredients:For pastry: 225g Plain Flour 100g Butter, unsalted (Make sure it’s really cold!) 4 Tbsp water, chilled For Filling: 250ml Cream 2 Large Eggs 200g Gaunchalie (or bacon) 1 Brown Onion, diced 100g Heritage baby tomatoes (halved) 125g Gruyère cheese 50g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Ocean Spray Ingredients: 400g Venison Loin 1 Carrot chopped 1 Brown onion, diced 1 Bay Leaf 2 Sprigs Rosemary 1 Bulb Garlic 1 Glass Red wine 1 Tbsp Tomato paste 700ml Beef Stock 100g Dark chocolate ...
Ingredients: 100g self raising flour 1 egg 3 tbs sour cream 2 tins corn ½ bunch coriander 1 bunch spring onions 2 avocados 1 shallot 1 long red chilli 2 limes Method: n a mixing bowl, combine your egg, the tinned corn, ½ a shallot, sour cream and flour together,...