Spiral Cut Sirloin, Parsley, Garlic and LemonMike Reid
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Supreme Caravans
- 300 Sirloin, grain fed
- 2 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 sprigs Parsley
- 1 Tsp Aji molido
- 100ml Early harvest olive oil
- Insert your knife at a 45° degree angle with the blade pointing downwards about a ¼ inch of the base of the steak. Start to cut into the steak whilst rolling the beef outwards as you are doing so
- Once the beef has been cut put to one side and repeat with the other steaks
- On a clean board chop your garlic to a fine paste, parsley and mix together, adding your aji molido and vegetable oil
- Marinate for at least 12 hours or overnight in the refrigerator
- When ready, cook over a hot bbq or a griddle pan will work too if it’s a bit wet outside and cook for about 3 minutes on a medium heat on the first side ensuring you season the showing side of the steak with sea salt. Turn it over and cook for a further 1 minute for a medium rare.
Chefs Tip: Always make sure your beef has come to room temperature before cooking. This will help it to cook evenly and give you a better tasting steak
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Malbec.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...