Sri Lankan Tuna Pan RollsKaren Chan
Serves: 8 pieces
- 8 sheets spring roll wrappers (available in the frozen section of supermarkets or Asian grocer)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Oil for shallow frying
- 185g Safcol Tuna in Springwater, drained
- 2 hard-boiled eggs – cut to cubes
- 1 medium potato, boiled, peeled and cubed
- 1 small green chili, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 2 tbs of your favourite curry powder, mixed with 4 tbs water to form a paste
- 1tbs oil
- Handful of chopped fresh coriander
- Salt to taste
- In a hot pan, add oil and then the onions, garlic and ginger and fry until golden brown.
- Add curry powder paste and fry for another minute, before adding tuna, eggs, potatoes, green chilies and coriander. Stir to coat well. Season with salt. Set aside to cool completely and divide to 8 portions.
- Lay out a spring roll wrapper, so that 1 corner is facing you, and the opposite corner faces away from you.
- Spoon a portion of the filling onto the centre of the wrapper. Shape the filling into a thin, horizontal 10 cm log.
- Lift the bottom corner of the wrapper over to meet the opposite corner. Bring both side corners to the centre. Roll the bottom (where the filling sits) towards the top. Brush the top corner with beaten egg and then roll to seal. Set aside and proceed with the remaining filling and wrappers.
- Heat a skillet with 2 cm deep oil on low to medium heat.
- Dip each roll in beaten egg and then coat with breadcrumbs. Repeat with a second coat of egg and another coat of breadcrumbs. Gently place into the hot oil and fry on all sides until golden brown.
- Serve as a snack or a light lunch.
Ingredients: 250g fresh pasta 3 large free range eggs 40g parmigiano cheese 150g smoked pancetta / guanciale Sea salt flakes Black pepper Method: In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, parmigiano cheese, salt and pepper. In the meantime, place the diced pancetta into a fry...
Ingredients: Makes 12-24 Leftover Lasagne ¼ cup plain flour 2 eggs 1-2 cups Panko crumbs Anchovy Mayonnaise 1 large egg yolk 1 tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp lemon zest 2 Tbsp lemon juice 1 cup light extra virgin olive oil 6-7 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations Serves 2 240g cabbage (finely chopped) 80g spring onion (finely chopped) 160g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil Batter: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 4 eggs 2 tsp...
Ingredients: 2 brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, chopped 2 carrots, finely diced 2 celery sticks, finely diced 100g pancetta, finely diced 4 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 4 fresh bay leaves 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped 1/4 bunch sage, finely chopped 150g...
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...
Ingredients: 250g Plain Flour 250g Bread flour 1 tsp baking powder 1 tsp sea salt 125g Butter, unsalted 125g Light brown sugar 125g Caster Sugar 1 large Egg 1 tsp vanilla extract 100g Dark chocolate block 100g White chocolate chips Method: Preheat oven to 180 degrees...
Ingredients: 150g raisins 100ml grappa 400g plain flour 10g yeast 115g sugar 2 eggs 150ml milk 30g toasted pine nuts Zest 1 orange Zest 1 lemon 50g chopped candied fruit Canola oil, for frying Method: Soak the raisins in grappa and let them plump up for 5 minutes,...
Ingredients: 600g assorted stone fruit* Extra virgin olive oil 1 lemon 1 vanilla bean 300g thick Greek yoghurt 2 tbsp floral honey 50g salted macadamia, coarsely chopped Method: Cut and drizzle fruit with olive oil and grill, cut sides down, until juicy and charred,...
Ingredients:Serves 2 4x scoops Ensure chocolate powder 1 cup milk ½ cup cream 1 tbsp. caster sugar 1 tbsp. cornflour 1 tbsp. cocoa powder, sifted 2 tbsp. boiling water 2 egg yolks Shaved dark chocolate and fresh berries to serve Method: Gently heat the milk and cream...
Ingredients: Serves 1 1 1⁄2 cups frozen mixed berries 3 teaspoons chia seeds 1 cup natural yoghurt 3 scoops Ensure Vanilla Powder 3 tablespoons oats 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1⁄2 kiwifruit, sliced (try keeping the skin on) 1 tablespoon dry roasted almonds, roughly...
Ingredients: 175g Oats 3 ripe bananas 1 egg 1 tbsp honey 1/2 tsp baking powder 3 tbsp almond butter 1 punnet of frozen blueberries Pinch of salt Method: 1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees2. Puree the bananas together in a mixing bowl, until a thick paste. Fold in the...