Sticky Strawberry Protein PancakesLaura Sharrad & Luke Hines
- 1 very ripe banana (about 120g)
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 20g scoop vanilla plant-based protein powder
- 2 teaspoons of maple syrup
- 70g (1/2cup) quartered strawberries
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Place your banana in a large bowl and mash with the back of a fork or a whisk. Whisk in the eggs to incorporate, then add the protein powder and tapioca flour and whisk well.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Working in batches, add ¼ cup of batter per pancake to the pan, allowing enough room between each one for flipping, and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown. You will het four pancakes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil in a small frying pan over medium heat, add the maple syrup and strawberries and sauté for 5-6 minutes, or until the strawberries are softened and caramelised around the edges.
- Serve your pancakes with the lovely sticky strawberries.
- NEXT LEVEL IT: Add a dollop of your favourite high-protein yoghurt to up the protein, some toasted coconut flakes to increase healthy fats, or a drizzle of maple syrup for some extra carbs post training.