Stir Fried Chicken and BasilTerry Intarakhamhaeng
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1tsp garlic finely chopped
- 4 birdseye chillies, chopped
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 200g chicken thigh meat, sliced
- ½ cup water or chicken stock
- 1 cup of snake or long beans cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ cup spring onions cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ long red chilli sliced (round)
- 1 cup holy basil leaves (available from Asian grocers – if unavailable you can substitute Thai basil, but double the amount)
- 1 ½ Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp sugar
- In a wok, heat up oil on medium heat. When oil is hot add garlic, birdseye chilli and onion. Stir quickly and then add chicken. Toss until browned – approximately 2 minutes.
- Add all sauce ingredients. Stir, then add the water or stock and simmer until chicken is cooked – approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Add beans and when almost cooked, add spring onions, long red chilli and basil leaves. Mix together.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve with steamed rice.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Pinot Gris.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...