Stir Fried Chicken and BasilTerry Intarakhamhaeng
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1tsp garlic finely chopped
- 4 birdseye chillies, chopped
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 200g chicken thigh meat, sliced
- ½ cup water or chicken stock
- 1 cup of snake or long beans cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ cup spring onions cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ long red chilli sliced (round)
- 1 cup holy basil leaves (available from Asian grocers – if unavailable you can substitute Thai basil, but double the amount)
- 1 ½ Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp sugar
- In a wok, heat up oil on medium heat. When oil is hot add garlic, birdseye chilli and onion. Stir quickly and then add chicken. Toss until browned – approximately 2 minutes.
- Add all sauce ingredients. Stir, then add the water or stock and simmer until chicken is cooked – approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Add beans and when almost cooked, add spring onions, long red chilli and basil leaves. Mix together.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve with steamed rice.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Pinot Gris.
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...
Ingredients:For Dough: 500g plain flour 190g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes ½ tsp salt 60ml warm water 1 egg, at room temperature and whisked For Filling: 600g smoked ham, diced 200g mozzarella, diced 200g cheddar, diced 200g brown onion, diced 80g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel Ingredients: 500g gnocchi 2 potatoes, diced 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 tsp dried chillies 1 leek, sliced 2 rosemary sprigs 100g pancetta, rind removed and diced 500ml Massel Veg Stock Method:...
Ingredients: 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces 1 green banana chilli, sliced 1 bunch mint, picked 1 cup Indian style yoghurt Pinch of sea salt flakes ½ tsp garam masala powder ¼ tsp dry mango powder ¼ tsp fenugreek powder Vegetable oil for frying Method: Fry...
Ingredients: 500g good quality spaghettini Table salt (for pasta water) 8 birdseye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, washed and chopped finely, stem and leaf 250ml olive oil Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste A...