Stir Fried Chicken and BasilTerry Intarakhamhaeng
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1tsp garlic finely chopped
- 4 birdseye chillies, chopped
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 200g chicken thigh meat, sliced
- ½ cup water or chicken stock
- 1 cup of snake or long beans cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ cup spring onions cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ long red chilli sliced (round)
- 1 cup holy basil leaves (available from Asian grocers – if unavailable you can substitute Thai basil, but double the amount)
- 1 ½ Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp sugar
- In a wok, heat up oil on medium heat. When oil is hot add garlic, birdseye chilli and onion. Stir quickly and then add chicken. Toss until browned – approximately 2 minutes.
- Add all sauce ingredients. Stir, then add the water or stock and simmer until chicken is cooked – approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Add beans and when almost cooked, add spring onions, long red chilli and basil leaves. Mix together.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve with steamed rice.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Pinot Gris.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...