Stir Fried Chicken and BasilTerry Intarakhamhaeng
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1tsp garlic finely chopped
- 4 birdseye chillies, chopped
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 200g chicken thigh meat, sliced
- ½ cup water or chicken stock
- 1 cup of snake or long beans cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ cup spring onions cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ long red chilli sliced (round)
- 1 cup holy basil leaves (available from Asian grocers – if unavailable you can substitute Thai basil, but double the amount)
- 1 ½ Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp sugar
- In a wok, heat up oil on medium heat. When oil is hot add garlic, birdseye chilli and onion. Stir quickly and then add chicken. Toss until browned – approximately 2 minutes.
- Add all sauce ingredients. Stir, then add the water or stock and simmer until chicken is cooked – approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Add beans and when almost cooked, add spring onions, long red chilli and basil leaves. Mix together.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve with steamed rice.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Pinot Gris.
Ingredients: 2 cup caster sugar 2 cups soy sauce 1 cup shao-hsing wine 3L water 2 inch piece ginger 8 cloves garlic 6 spring onions, 5cm batons 8 star anise 8 coriander seeds 4 cinnamon quills 4 cloves 2 pork trotters Method: Place an even layer of sugar in a large...
Ingredients: 2 cups of black-eyed beans 1 bunch of English spinach (or baby spinach, if preferred), Roughly chopped and thoroughly washed 6 spring onions, finely chopped 1 onion, sliced 1/2 cup of olive oil 1 tbsp white wine vinegar juice of 1 lemon a few sprigs of...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes and Big4 Holiday Parks Assortment of Sausages 100ml Mayonnaise ½ bulb of roasted black garlic ½ lemon juiced Long metal skewers Method: Grill your sausages on your bbq until...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian InspirationsSalmon: 200g Fresh Australian salmon, skin on, pin bones removed 50ml Vegetable oil Miso Glaze: 50g White miso paste 50ml Obento Mirin Seasoning 50g Sugar Togarashi Crackers: 1 each...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 brown onion, finely grated 2 cloves garlic, finely grated 1g saffron threads 400g Arborio Rice ½ cup dry white wine 1.5 Litres Vegetable stock 50g unsalted butter 125g parmesan, finely grated Method:...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...