Summer PuddingBen O'Donoghue
- Large bowl or glass pudding dish
- 50g caster sugar
- 50ml water
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 500ml (2 cups) fruity light red wine (grenache)
- 600g mixed summer fruit frozen (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1 loaf sliced white bread, crusts removed
- Sprinkle the sugar into a heavy-based saucepan. Pour the water over and stir to make a paste. Cook to a light golden caramel.
- Add the scraped vanilla bean and seeds, black pepper and wine, and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes, until reduced by half. Remove from the heat and gently stir in the fruit. Leave to stand until cold, then add the basil.
- Line a glass bowl evenly with the bread slices, overlapping them so there are no gaps.
- Fill the lined bowl with your cooled berry compote, then cover the top with overlapping slices of bread. Cover with plastic wrap and place a plate on top to weigh the pudding down; the plate should be the same diameter as the pudding, but slightly smaller than the bowl. Refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to serve, turn the pudding out onto a large serving plate, or serve it straight from the bowl.
For chef quality results, we recommend using Anolon cookware!
Ingredients: 250g Plain Flour 250g Bread flour 1 tsp baking powder 1 tsp sea salt 125g Butter, unsalted 125g Light brown sugar 125g Caster Sugar 1 large Egg 1 tsp vanilla extract 100g Dark chocolate block 100g White chocolate chips Method: Preheat oven to 180 degrees...
Ingredients: 150g raisins 100ml grappa 400g plain flour 10g yeast 115g sugar 2 eggs 150ml milk 30g toasted pine nuts Zest 1 orange Zest 1 lemon 50g chopped candied fruit Canola oil, for frying Method: Soak the raisins in grappa and let them plump up for 5 minutes,...
Ingredients: 600g assorted stone fruit* Extra virgin olive oil 1 lemon 1 vanilla bean 300g thick Greek yoghurt 2 tbsp floral honey 50g salted macadamia, coarsely chopped Method: Cut and drizzle fruit with olive oil and grill, cut sides down, until juicy and charred,...
Ingredients:Serves 2 4x scoops Ensure chocolate powder 1 cup milk ½ cup cream 1 tbsp. caster sugar 1 tbsp. cornflour 1 tbsp. cocoa powder, sifted 2 tbsp. boiling water 2 egg yolks Shaved dark chocolate and fresh berries to serve Method: Gently heat the milk and cream...
Ingredients: Serves 1 1 1⁄2 cups frozen mixed berries 3 teaspoons chia seeds 1 cup natural yoghurt 3 scoops Ensure Vanilla Powder 3 tablespoons oats 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1⁄2 kiwifruit, sliced (try keeping the skin on) 1 tablespoon dry roasted almonds, roughly...
Ingredients: 175g Oats 3 ripe bananas 1 egg 1 tbsp honey 1/2 tsp baking powder 3 tbsp almond butter 1 punnet of frozen blueberries Pinch of salt Method: 1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees2. Puree the bananas together in a mixing bowl, until a thick paste. Fold in the...