Super SaladElena Duggan
- 1 lge thumb Fresh Turmeric, Peeled, finely grated/diced/ crushed (dried/ powdered acceptable alternative if fresh unavailable)
- 1 lge thumb Fresh Ginger, Peeled, finely grated/diced/ crushed (dried/ powdered acceptable alternative if fresh unavailable)
- 1 lge Fresh Lemongrass stalks, One piece, inner soft piece only finely diced/ crushed
- (dried/ powdered acceptable alternative if fresh unavailable)
- ¼ – ½ tsp ground Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- 4 tbsp Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 lge lemons, Finely zested and juice reserved
- Murray River Pink Salt Flakes to taste
- Organic Honey to taste
- 250g Organic Free Range Chicken Mince
- 1 bunch curly Kale, leaves shreeded
- 1/2 med Spanish onion, Finely sliced
- 1 med zucchini, Grated
- 1 med beetroot (optional), Peeled and grated
- 1 med red capsicum, Finely diced
- 1 bunch Mint, Leaves only, shredded
- 1 bunch Coriander, Leaves only, shredded
- 1½ cups Quinoa, Cooked al dente, drained and cooled
- 30g Raw Sunflower Seeds
- 30g Raw Flaxseeds
- 30g Raw Almonds, Roughly chopped
- 30g Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- 30g Raw Sesame Seeds
- 1 Avocado
- Heat spices and aromatics in 1 tbsp of oil in the fry pan over medium heat until fragrant and bubbling.
- Add chicken mince and stir-fry until golden, fragrant and opaque, breaking up as you go. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, gently massage the kale leaves with ½ the lemon juice, pinch of salt and 1 tbsp of olive oil until softened, vibrant green and slightly translucent.
- Add all remaining raw salad ingredients, lemon zest, plus quinoa and toss through to loosen.
- Add lemon juice, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste – toss through to ensure dressed well.
- Set aside.
- Serve salad with chicken, nuts and seeds, extra herbs and avocado if desired.
Ingredients: 2 cup caster sugar 2 cups soy sauce 1 cup shao-hsing wine 3L water 2 inch piece ginger 8 cloves garlic 6 spring onions, 5cm batons 8 star anise 8 coriander seeds 4 cinnamon quills 4 cloves 2 pork trotters Method: Place an even layer of sugar in a large...
Ingredients: 2 cups of black-eyed beans 1 bunch of English spinach (or baby spinach, if preferred), Roughly chopped and thoroughly washed 6 spring onions, finely chopped 1 onion, sliced 1/2 cup of olive oil 1 tbsp white wine vinegar juice of 1 lemon a few sprigs of...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes and Big4 Holiday Parks Assortment of Sausages 100ml Mayonnaise ½ bulb of roasted black garlic ½ lemon juiced Long metal skewers Method: Grill your sausages on your bbq until...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian InspirationsSalmon: 200g Fresh Australian salmon, skin on, pin bones removed 50ml Vegetable oil Miso Glaze: 50g White miso paste 50ml Obento Mirin Seasoning 50g Sugar Togarashi Crackers: 1 each...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 brown onion, finely grated 2 cloves garlic, finely grated 1g saffron threads 400g Arborio Rice ½ cup dry white wine 1.5 Litres Vegetable stock 50g unsalted butter 125g parmesan, finely grated Method:...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...