Super SaladElena Duggan
- 1 lge thumb Fresh Turmeric, Peeled, finely grated/diced/ crushed (dried/ powdered acceptable alternative if fresh unavailable)
- 1 lge thumb Fresh Ginger, Peeled, finely grated/diced/ crushed (dried/ powdered acceptable alternative if fresh unavailable)
- 1 lge Fresh Lemongrass stalks, One piece, inner soft piece only finely diced/ crushed
- (dried/ powdered acceptable alternative if fresh unavailable)
- ¼ – ½ tsp ground Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- 4 tbsp Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 lge lemons, Finely zested and juice reserved
- Murray River Pink Salt Flakes to taste
- Organic Honey to taste
- 250g Organic Free Range Chicken Mince
- 1 bunch curly Kale, leaves shreeded
- 1/2 med Spanish onion, Finely sliced
- 1 med zucchini, Grated
- 1 med beetroot (optional), Peeled and grated
- 1 med red capsicum, Finely diced
- 1 bunch Mint, Leaves only, shredded
- 1 bunch Coriander, Leaves only, shredded
- 1½ cups Quinoa, Cooked al dente, drained and cooled
- 30g Raw Sunflower Seeds
- 30g Raw Flaxseeds
- 30g Raw Almonds, Roughly chopped
- 30g Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- 30g Raw Sesame Seeds
- 1 Avocado
- Heat spices and aromatics in 1 tbsp of oil in the fry pan over medium heat until fragrant and bubbling.
- Add chicken mince and stir-fry until golden, fragrant and opaque, breaking up as you go. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, gently massage the kale leaves with ½ the lemon juice, pinch of salt and 1 tbsp of olive oil until softened, vibrant green and slightly translucent.
- Add all remaining raw salad ingredients, lemon zest, plus quinoa and toss through to loosen.
- Add lemon juice, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste – toss through to ensure dressed well.
- Set aside.
- Serve salad with chicken, nuts and seeds, extra herbs and avocado if desired.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...