Super SaladElena Duggan
- 1 lge thumb Fresh Turmeric, Peeled, finely grated/diced/ crushed (dried/ powdered acceptable alternative if fresh unavailable)
- 1 lge thumb Fresh Ginger, Peeled, finely grated/diced/ crushed (dried/ powdered acceptable alternative if fresh unavailable)
- 1 lge Fresh Lemongrass stalks, One piece, inner soft piece only finely diced/ crushed
- (dried/ powdered acceptable alternative if fresh unavailable)
- ¼ – ½ tsp ground Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- 4 tbsp Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 lge lemons, Finely zested and juice reserved
- Murray River Pink Salt Flakes to taste
- Organic Honey to taste
- 250g Organic Free Range Chicken Mince
- 1 bunch curly Kale, leaves shreeded
- 1/2 med Spanish onion, Finely sliced
- 1 med zucchini, Grated
- 1 med beetroot (optional), Peeled and grated
- 1 med red capsicum, Finely diced
- 1 bunch Mint, Leaves only, shredded
- 1 bunch Coriander, Leaves only, shredded
- 1½ cups Quinoa, Cooked al dente, drained and cooled
- 30g Raw Sunflower Seeds
- 30g Raw Flaxseeds
- 30g Raw Almonds, Roughly chopped
- 30g Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- 30g Raw Sesame Seeds
- 1 Avocado
- Heat spices and aromatics in 1 tbsp of oil in the fry pan over medium heat until fragrant and bubbling.
- Add chicken mince and stir-fry until golden, fragrant and opaque, breaking up as you go. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, gently massage the kale leaves with ½ the lemon juice, pinch of salt and 1 tbsp of olive oil until softened, vibrant green and slightly translucent.
- Add all remaining raw salad ingredients, lemon zest, plus quinoa and toss through to loosen.
- Add lemon juice, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste – toss through to ensure dressed well.
- Set aside.
- Serve salad with chicken, nuts and seeds, extra herbs and avocado if desired.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...