Szechuan Mussels and EggplantKaren Chan
- 105g Safcol Chilean Mussels in Spanish Escabeche sauce
- Oil for frying
- 250g eggplant, cut to 2cm cubes
- 4 clove garlic, minced
- 2 slices ginger, minced
- ½ tsp Szechuan peppercorns
- 1tbs preserved soybean paste or miso
- 1tbs Chinese cooking wine
- ½ tsp Chinese black vinegar
- 1tsp dark soy
- 1tbs sugar
- ½ sesame oil
- ½ tsp 5 spice
- Salt to taste
- Toasted sesame seeds
- In a hot pan, drizzle some oil and pan fry eggplant until slightly caramelised. Set aside for later.
- To the same pan, add ginger and garlic to fry until fragrant. Add peppercorns and soybean paste and fry for a minute.
- Gently pour in the wine and then add vinegar, dark soy, sugar, sesame oil, 5 spice and Mussels in sauce and bring it to a boil.
- Add prepared eggplant and stir to combine and cook for another minute.
- Season to taste.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and serve with piping hot rice for a light meal or as a complementary dish at a main meal
Ingredients: 9 cherry tomatoes, halved 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced 2 tsp good-quality olive oil 1 tsp balsamic vinegar 5 basil leaves, torn, plus a few extra to serve if you like 5 pitted olives, sliced 2 large free-range egg 1 tsp small capers, rinsed salt...
Ingredients: Leftover Spaghetti Bolognese Sliced white bread Mozzarella Smoked mozzarella Grated Parmesan Butter Olive oil Mayo Pesto Salt and pepper Method: Place a scoop of pasta on one side of the bread. Then grate up your 3 cheeses and place on the other side of...
Ingredients: 250g Walnuts 250g Hazelnuts 250g Macadamia nuts 125g Pumpkin seeds 125g Sunflower seeds 60g Butter, unsalted 2 Tbsp Honey, Mr Noons honeycomb 1 Tsp Cayenne pepper 2 Tbsp Rosemary, finely chopped 1 Tbsp Cognac Method: Preheat oven to 180* Prepare...
Client - That’s Amore Cheese Typically from Puglia, this fresh creamy cheese has gained more and more popularity in the past few years, not only in Italy but overseas. Burrata is a fresh, handmade cow's milk cheese made from mozzarella and cream and it can be used in...
Ingredients: 150g guanciale, diced 3 eggs, whisked 200g pecorino cheese, grated Black pepper Salt Method: Add salt to a pot of water, and bring to a boil. Cook your pasta until al dente In a frying pan, add the guanciale on low heat and allow it to render out the...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...