Tagine of SnapperBen O'Donoghue
- 1x plate size pink snapper or sea bream filleted but keeping the head and tail attached.
- 4-5 coriander roots washed / tops reserved for garnish
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1-2 pinches of saffron
- 400g chopped and peeled tomato
- 1 preserved lemon skin only finely diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 glass white wine
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger fresh
- 1 cup chickpeas tinned
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ cup crispy fried onions
- Ask your fishmonger to gut, scale and fillet your fish but to leave the head and tail attached so as to just remove the spine and pin bones!
- In a mortar and pestle pound the garlic, coriander root, cumin and ginger with a little salt to a fine paste. Then add the tomato, lime juice and preserved lime zest and white wine.
- Pour this over your fish and allow it to marinate for ten minutes. In a tagine or heavy saucepan warm the olive oil. Add the fish and marinade as well as the chickpeas. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 10-15 minutes continually spooning the sauce over the fish. You may need to turn the fish half way through.
- Correct the seasoning, and garnish with the remaining chopped coriander tops and the fried onions.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...