Tagine of SnapperBen O'Donoghue
- 1x plate size pink snapper or sea bream filleted but keeping the head and tail attached.
- 4-5 coriander roots washed / tops reserved for garnish
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1-2 pinches of saffron
- 400g chopped and peeled tomato
- 1 preserved lemon skin only finely diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 glass white wine
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger fresh
- 1 cup chickpeas tinned
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ cup crispy fried onions
- Ask your fishmonger to gut, scale and fillet your fish but to leave the head and tail attached so as to just remove the spine and pin bones!
- In a mortar and pestle pound the garlic, coriander root, cumin and ginger with a little salt to a fine paste. Then add the tomato, lime juice and preserved lime zest and white wine.
- Pour this over your fish and allow it to marinate for ten minutes. In a tagine or heavy saucepan warm the olive oil. Add the fish and marinade as well as the chickpeas. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 10-15 minutes continually spooning the sauce over the fish. You may need to turn the fish half way through.
- Correct the seasoning, and garnish with the remaining chopped coriander tops and the fried onions.
Ingredients: 9 cherry tomatoes, halved 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced 2 tsp good-quality olive oil 1 tsp balsamic vinegar 5 basil leaves, torn, plus a few extra to serve if you like 5 pitted olives, sliced 2 large free-range egg 1 tsp small capers, rinsed salt...
Ingredients: Leftover Spaghetti Bolognese Sliced white bread Mozzarella Smoked mozzarella Grated Parmesan Butter Olive oil Mayo Pesto Salt and pepper Method: Place a scoop of pasta on one side of the bread. Then grate up your 3 cheeses and place on the other side of...
Ingredients: 250g Walnuts 250g Hazelnuts 250g Macadamia nuts 125g Pumpkin seeds 125g Sunflower seeds 60g Butter, unsalted 2 Tbsp Honey, Mr Noons honeycomb 1 Tsp Cayenne pepper 2 Tbsp Rosemary, finely chopped 1 Tbsp Cognac Method: Preheat oven to 180* Prepare...
Client - That’s Amore Cheese Typically from Puglia, this fresh creamy cheese has gained more and more popularity in the past few years, not only in Italy but overseas. Burrata is a fresh, handmade cow's milk cheese made from mozzarella and cream and it can be used in...
Ingredients: 150g guanciale, diced 3 eggs, whisked 200g pecorino cheese, grated Black pepper Salt Method: Add salt to a pot of water, and bring to a boil. Cook your pasta until al dente. In a frying pan, add the guanciale on low heat and allow it to render out the...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...