Tagine of SnapperBen O'Donoghue
- 1x plate size pink snapper or sea bream filleted but keeping the head and tail attached.
- 4-5 coriander roots washed / tops reserved for garnish
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1-2 pinches of saffron
- 400g chopped and peeled tomato
- 1 preserved lemon skin only finely diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 glass white wine
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger fresh
- 1 cup chickpeas tinned
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ cup crispy fried onions
- Ask your fishmonger to gut, scale and fillet your fish but to leave the head and tail attached so as to just remove the spine and pin bones!
- In a mortar and pestle pound the garlic, coriander root, cumin and ginger with a little salt to a fine paste. Then add the tomato, lime juice and preserved lime zest and white wine.
- Pour this over your fish and allow it to marinate for ten minutes. In a tagine or heavy saucepan warm the olive oil. Add the fish and marinade as well as the chickpeas. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 10-15 minutes continually spooning the sauce over the fish. You may need to turn the fish half way through.
- Correct the seasoning, and garnish with the remaining chopped coriander tops and the fried onions.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...