Tamarind Beef SaladKhanh Ong
- 120g Kohlrabi julienned
- 120g Carrot julienned
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp veg oil
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 250g eye fillet
- a pinch of black pepper
- 2 tbsp tamarind water
- 1⁄2 cup of coriander
- 1⁄2 cup of vietnamese mint
- 1⁄2 cup of mint
- 2 tbsp fried shallots
- 2 tbsp nuoc mam sauce
- 2 tbsp toasted peanuts
- 1 birds eye chilli sliced
- Place the kohlrabi and carrot together in bowl with sugar and leave for 10 minutes,
- In a hot pan add veg oil and garlic until fragrant
- Add eye fillet sliced thin and finish with black pepper
- Cook stirring for 2-3 minutes until cooked
- Place into a mixing bowl and add tamarind water
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes and then add the kohlrabi and carrots with the water squeezed out
- Add the herbs and toss well
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 1x 2 kg lamb shoulder, easy-carve or shoulder blade removed 12 prunes, pitted 2 large sprigs of rosemary, broken and leaves removed 2 tablespoons olive oil 100 g butter 1 onion, chopped 1 celery heart, chopped 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced 2 fresh or...
Ingredients: Serves 4 8 Moreton Bay bugs 200g thinly sliced dried pancetta 8 bay leaves 4 ripe figs, halved 2 tablespoons olive oil Juice of 1 lemon Method: Prepare your barbecue for direct grilling over a high heat. Prepare the bugs by removing the meat from the...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Teaspoon coconut sugar 6 freshly picked mint leaves Approx 500ml SodaStream Carbonated Water 10-15 assorted fresh berries One lime, halved Ice Method: Start by bringing together the coconut sugar and the mint in a food processor or alternatively...
Ingredients: Serves: 3 2 cup water 3 tbsp Valcom Tom Yum Paste 1 cup button mushrooms, halved 300g chicken fillet, sliced 1⁄4 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk 4 tbsp Valcom Kaffir Lime Leaves 1 stalk coriander coarsely chopped 1 red chilli, cut diagonally Method: Bring...