Tamarind Beef SaladKhanh Ong
- 120g Kohlrabi julienned
- 120g Carrot julienned
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp veg oil
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 250g eye fillet
- a pinch of black pepper
- 2 tbsp tamarind water
- 1⁄2 cup of coriander
- 1⁄2 cup of vietnamese mint
- 1⁄2 cup of mint
- 2 tbsp fried shallots
- 2 tbsp nuoc mam sauce
- 2 tbsp toasted peanuts
- 1 birds eye chilli sliced
- Place the kohlrabi and carrot together in bowl with sugar and leave for 10 minutes,
- In a hot pan add veg oil and garlic until fragrant
- Add eye fillet sliced thin and finish with black pepper
- Cook stirring for 2-3 minutes until cooked
- Place into a mixing bowl and add tamarind water
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes and then add the kohlrabi and carrots with the water squeezed out
- Add the herbs and toss well
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...