Tamarind Lamb ChopsBen O'Donoghue
- 2 tbsp Sunflower oil
- 3 medium brown onions sliced
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1table spoon black mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- ½ table spoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- 3-4 nicola potatoes sliced 1cm thick
- 12 loin lamb chops or neck chops
- 100gm tamarind paste
- 200ml warm water
- Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp green chilli
- 1 tbsp mint
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and a good pinch of salt and fry for about 15 minutes, or until golden and soft.
- Add the ginger paste and spices and fry for 2 minutes. Add the sliced potatoes and combine well with the onion and spice mixture. Continue to cook the potato and onion over low heat for 5 minutes, turning frequently, until the onion is a deep golden brown and the potatoes are cooked.
- Move the potato and onion to one side of the pan, or remove completely. Add the lamb chops and cook until they are coloured and cooked to your liking. Return the potato and onion mixture to the pan and combine.
- Add the tamarind to the lamb and potato mixture and mix well to heat through.
- To serve, transfer to a platter and sprinkle with the chopped mint and green chilli.and dollops of yoghurt
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...