Tamarind Lamb ChopsBen O'Donoghue
- 2 tbsp Sunflower oil
- 3 medium brown onions sliced
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1table spoon black mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- ½ table spoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- 3-4 nicola potatoes sliced 1cm thick
- 12 loin lamb chops or neck chops
- 100gm tamarind paste
- 200ml warm water
- Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp green chilli
- 1 tbsp mint
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and a good pinch of salt and fry for about 15 minutes, or until golden and soft.
- Add the ginger paste and spices and fry for 2 minutes. Add the sliced potatoes and combine well with the onion and spice mixture. Continue to cook the potato and onion over low heat for 5 minutes, turning frequently, until the onion is a deep golden brown and the potatoes are cooked.
- Move the potato and onion to one side of the pan, or remove completely. Add the lamb chops and cook until they are coloured and cooked to your liking. Return the potato and onion mixture to the pan and combine.
- Add the tamarind to the lamb and potato mixture and mix well to heat through.
- To serve, transfer to a platter and sprinkle with the chopped mint and green chilli.and dollops of yoghurt
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...