Tamarind Lamb ChopsBen O'Donoghue
- 2 tbsp Sunflower oil
- 3 medium brown onions sliced
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1table spoon black mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- ½ table spoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- 3-4 nicola potatoes sliced 1cm thick
- 12 loin lamb chops or neck chops
- 100gm tamarind paste
- 200ml warm water
- Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp green chilli
- 1 tbsp mint
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and a good pinch of salt and fry for about 15 minutes, or until golden and soft.
- Add the ginger paste and spices and fry for 2 minutes. Add the sliced potatoes and combine well with the onion and spice mixture. Continue to cook the potato and onion over low heat for 5 minutes, turning frequently, until the onion is a deep golden brown and the potatoes are cooked.
- Move the potato and onion to one side of the pan, or remove completely. Add the lamb chops and cook until they are coloured and cooked to your liking. Return the potato and onion mixture to the pan and combine.
- Add the tamarind to the lamb and potato mixture and mix well to heat through.
- To serve, transfer to a platter and sprinkle with the chopped mint and green chilli.and dollops of yoghurt
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...