Tamarind Lamb ChopsBen O'Donoghue
- 2 tbsp Sunflower oil
- 3 medium brown onions sliced
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1table spoon black mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- ½ table spoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- 3-4 nicola potatoes sliced 1cm thick
- 12 loin lamb chops or neck chops
- 100gm tamarind paste
- 200ml warm water
- Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp green chilli
- 1 tbsp mint
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and a good pinch of salt and fry for about 15 minutes, or until golden and soft.
- Add the ginger paste and spices and fry for 2 minutes. Add the sliced potatoes and combine well with the onion and spice mixture. Continue to cook the potato and onion over low heat for 5 minutes, turning frequently, until the onion is a deep golden brown and the potatoes are cooked.
- Move the potato and onion to one side of the pan, or remove completely. Add the lamb chops and cook until they are coloured and cooked to your liking. Return the potato and onion mixture to the pan and combine.
- Add the tamarind to the lamb and potato mixture and mix well to heat through.
- To serve, transfer to a platter and sprinkle with the chopped mint and green chilli.and dollops of yoghurt
Ingredients: 9 cherry tomatoes, halved 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced 2 tsp good-quality olive oil 1 tsp balsamic vinegar 5 basil leaves, torn, plus a few extra to serve if you like 5 pitted olives, sliced 2 large free-range egg 1 tsp small capers, rinsed salt...
Ingredients: Leftover Spaghetti Bolognese Sliced white bread Mozzarella Smoked mozzarella Grated Parmesan Butter Olive oil Mayo Pesto Salt and pepper Method: Place a scoop of pasta on one side of the bread. Then grate up your 3 cheeses and place on the other side of...
Ingredients: 250g Walnuts 250g Hazelnuts 250g Macadamia nuts 125g Pumpkin seeds 125g Sunflower seeds 60g Butter, unsalted 2 Tbsp Honey, Mr Noons honeycomb 1 Tsp Cayenne pepper 2 Tbsp Rosemary, finely chopped 1 Tbsp Cognac Method: Preheat oven to 180* Prepare...
Client - That’s Amore Cheese Typically from Puglia, this fresh creamy cheese has gained more and more popularity in the past few years, not only in Italy but overseas. Burrata is a fresh, handmade cow's milk cheese made from mozzarella and cream and it can be used in...
Ingredients: 150g guanciale, diced 3 eggs, whisked 200g pecorino cheese, grated Black pepper Salt Method: Add salt to a pot of water, and bring to a boil. Cook your pasta until al dente. In a frying pan, add the guanciale on low heat and allow it to render out the...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...