Tangy Fish Laksa (Laksa Kedah)Karen Chan
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations
- 300g Barramundi fillet
- 4 tbsp Valcom Laksa Paste
- 4 slices fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 750 ml water
- 400ml TCC Premium Coconut Cream
- 1-2 tbsp Squid Brand Fish Sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 hard boiled eggs, halved
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 red chillies, sliced
- Half cucumber, julienned
- 3-4 butter lettuce leaves, cut to 1cm strips
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 1 bunch fresh Vietnamese mint
- 5-6 fresh Kaffir Lime leaves
- 2 slices fresh pineapple, cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 200g rice vermicelli
- In a pot bring the water to boil and gently lower fish into the pot. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to gently simmer for 10 minutes.
- While fish is poaching, in a mortar and pestle, crush ginger and garlic to a rough paste.
- Heat a 2-Litre capacity pot. Add the laksa paste, and then ginger-garlic paste. Fry paste for 1 min until aromatic, then add 3 kaffir lime leaves, and 2 stalks of Vietnamese mint and fry for another minute.
- By this time the fish should be cooked, remove and set aside. Add the stock into the pot with the paste. Bring this to a boil and let it simmer bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Season with fish sauce and sugar.
- With 2 forks, gently break up the fish to smaller chunks.
- Prepare the vermicelli per cooking instructions on packaging. Drain and distribute between 2-3 bowls.
- Ladle the laksa soup onto the noodles.
- Garnish with fish, eggs, pineapple, lettuce, cucumber, chillies and top with finely sliced herbs.
- Lastly, drizzle 2-3 tbsp coconut cream per bowl.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Verdelho.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...