Teriyaki ChickenLaura Sharrad
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¾ cup mirin (Japanese rice wine)
- ¼ cup sake
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 4-8 thick ring slices of fresh pineapple
- Whisk together soy sauce, mirin, sake, sesame oil, sugar, ginger and garlic.
- Flatten out to an even thickness with a meat mallet, pour mix over and marinate overnight.
- Preheat BBQ or ridged grill. Cook chicken, basting with marinade as you do so. When almost ready, add pineapple and cook until well marked.
- Serve each breast with 1 or 2 slices of pineapple.