Textures of StrawberriesElena Duggan
- 250g Strawberries, stems removed and sliced in 5mm circles/ rings
- 250g Strawberries, stems removed, finely diced
- 50g aged balsamic
- Black pepper, to taste
Freeze Dried Strawberries or Strawberry Powder
- 25g Freeze dried strawberries blitzed to a powder or ready made strawberry powder
- 250g Strawberries, stems removed, sliced in half
- 25g EVOO
- Pinch of pepper
- 150g Strawberries, stems removed, sliced into wedges/ lengths
- 150g Olive crumb (as per previous 1-minute recipe)
- 10g / ½ cup Baby basil leaves
- 25g Sweet basil seeds in 75g-100g water, (plus 15g honey optional)
- 250g Goats cheese/ chevré
- 50g Slivered al monds, lightly toasted
- 50g Watercress, rinsed and well drained
- Extra EVOO, to drizzle and dress if desired
- Optional – Serve with crusty bread if desired.
- For dehydrated strawberries, place sliced strawberries in a dehydrator or oven at 50º Celsius for 12-24hours, or until dry and crisp. This can be done days or weeks in advance and kept in an airtight container.
- For pickled strawberries, place finely diced strawberries in a bowl with balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, stir through and set aside for min 15minutes.
- For strawberry powder, ensure powder is fine enough, crushed with the back of a spoon if necessary. Set aside with a small sieve or tea strainer for presentation.
- For roasted strawberries, toss through EVOO, pepper, and place on a lined tray, roast at 180-220 º Celsius for 10-20minutes or until caramelised, just softened and fragrant – time will depend on ripeness and size of strawberries.
- For presentation, sprinkle through a sieve the strawberry powder decoratively on the base of the plate, or save to sprinkle on top if desired. Starting with the watercress, sprinkle, spoon and gently layer each of the other elements to ensure each ingredient is visible. Spoon over any remaining pickling dressing and additional EVOO if desired.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Pinot Gris or Pinot Noir.
Ingredients: Cake 200g Fresh or frozen raspberries 12 eggs 500g Caster sugar 500g Almond Meal, plus extra 2tsp baking powder ¼ tsp salt Icing 2 cups icing sugar 2 tbsp lemon juice, strained Garnish 2tbsp Rose petals 2tbsp Pistachios Handful of fresh raspberries...
Ingredients: Base2 packets of Oreos¼ cup + 1 tbsp of melted butter1 pinch of saltFilling½ cup butter meltedCup brown sugar1 can condensed milk¼ cup of cream1 tsp salt1 cup crunchy peanut butter (or smooth)Topping150g milk chocolate chips50ml cream2 tbsp smooth peanut...
Join Khanh Ong as he creates his Lime & Yoghurt Syrup Cake recipe. Tune in to The Market kitchen each weekday on Channel 10.
Join Khanh Ong as he creates his Matcha Chiffon Cake with White Chocolate Ganache recipe. Tune in to The Market kitchen each weekday on Channel 10.
Join Elena Duggan as she creates her Apple Baked Pie Recipe. Tune in to The Market kitchen each weekday on Channel 10.
Join Elena Duggan as she creates her Sticky Date Pudding recipe. Tune in to The Market kitchen each weekday on Channel 10.