Textures of StrawberriesElena Duggan
- 250g Strawberries, stems removed and sliced in 5mm circles/ rings
- 250g Strawberries, stems removed, finely diced
- 50g aged balsamic
- Black pepper, to taste
Freeze Dried Strawberries or Strawberry Powder
- 25g Freeze dried strawberries blitzed to a powder or ready made strawberry powder
- 250g Strawberries, stems removed, sliced in half
- 25g EVOO
- Pinch of pepper
- 150g Strawberries, stems removed, sliced into wedges/ lengths
- 150g Olive crumb (as per previous 1-minute recipe)
- 10g / ½ cup Baby basil leaves
- 25g Sweet basil seeds in 75g-100g water, (plus 15g honey optional)
- 250g Goats cheese/ chevré
- 50g Slivered al monds, lightly toasted
- 50g Watercress, rinsed and well drained
- Extra EVOO, to drizzle and dress if desired
- Optional – Serve with crusty bread if desired.
- For dehydrated strawberries, place sliced strawberries in a dehydrator or oven at 50º Celsius for 12-24hours, or until dry and crisp. This can be done days or weeks in advance and kept in an airtight container.
- For pickled strawberries, place finely diced strawberries in a bowl with balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, stir through and set aside for min 15minutes.
- For strawberry powder, ensure powder is fine enough, crushed with the back of a spoon if necessary. Set aside with a small sieve or tea strainer for presentation.
- For roasted strawberries, toss through EVOO, pepper, and place on a lined tray, roast at 180-220 º Celsius for 10-20minutes or until caramelised, just softened and fragrant – time will depend on ripeness and size of strawberries.
- For presentation, sprinkle through a sieve the strawberry powder decoratively on the base of the plate, or save to sprinkle on top if desired. Starting with the watercress, sprinkle, spoon and gently layer each of the other elements to ensure each ingredient is visible. Spoon over any remaining pickling dressing and additional EVOO if desired.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Pinot Gris or Pinot Noir.
Ingredients: 185 g dates 1 cup water 60g butter 2 eggs 185g self raising flour 185g sugar 1tsp baking powder ½ tsp vanilla paste Butterscotch Sauce: 1 cup cream ¾ cup brown sugar 2 tbsp butter Pinch of salt Method: Bring the dates and water to a boil, then remove from...
Ingredients: 4 Lady Finger Bananas Woodchips for smoking in a fire or hibachi Dulce De Leche Creme: 2 Tbsp Dulce de leche 200ml Cream Chocolate Sauce: 150ml full-fat milk 150ml double cream 300g dark chocolate, broken into pieces 1 tsp vanilla extract To Serve: 1 tbsp...
Ingredients: 3 eggs, separated 6 tbsp caster sugar 500 g mascarpone cream 500ml espresso coffee 80ml marsala 500g savoiardi biscotti ( 1 large packet ) Dark chocolate, to grate Cocoa powder, to dust Method: Beat the egg yolks and half the sugar in a bowl for 5 minutes...
Ingredients: 1 pear, peeled and cored, diced 1 tsp ground cinnamon 125g unsalted butter ½ cup caster sugar 2 eggs 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking powder Salt Streusal Crumb: 40g unsalted butter, chilled, diced 1/3 cup plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar Salt Method:...
Ingredients: 2 eggs 1 cup sugar ¾ cup vegetable oil 1 tsp vanilla essence 2 cups grated carrot 1 ¼ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking soda 2-3 tsp cinnamon 2-3 tsp mixed spice ½ tsp salt Lime Cream Cheese: 200g cream cheese, room temperature 1 ½ cups icing sugar, sifted...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 ¼ cup Nutella 8 thick slices of brioche 3 eggs ¼ cup milk 1 vanilla bean, scraped 40g butter 2 lady finger bananas 2 Tablespoons caster sugar 160g unsalted butter ¼ cup pistachios, chopped ¼ cup maple syrup Edible flowers to garnish Ice cream to...