Textures of StrawberriesElena Duggan
- 250g Strawberries, stems removed and sliced in 5mm circles/ rings
- 250g Strawberries, stems removed, finely diced
- 50g aged balsamic
- Black pepper, to taste
Freeze Dried Strawberries or Strawberry Powder
- 25g Freeze dried strawberries blitzed to a powder or ready made strawberry powder
- 250g Strawberries, stems removed, sliced in half
- 25g EVOO
- Pinch of pepper
- 150g Strawberries, stems removed, sliced into wedges/ lengths
- 150g Olive crumb (as per previous 1-minute recipe)
- 10g / ½ cup Baby basil leaves
- 25g Sweet basil seeds in 75g-100g water, (plus 15g honey optional)
- 250g Goats cheese/ chevré
- 50g Slivered al monds, lightly toasted
- 50g Watercress, rinsed and well drained
- Extra EVOO, to drizzle and dress if desired
- Optional – Serve with crusty bread if desired.
- For dehydrated strawberries, place sliced strawberries in a dehydrator or oven at 50º Celsius for 12-24hours, or until dry and crisp. This can be done days or weeks in advance and kept in an airtight container.
- For pickled strawberries, place finely diced strawberries in a bowl with balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, stir through and set aside for min 15minutes.
- For strawberry powder, ensure powder is fine enough, crushed with the back of a spoon if necessary. Set aside with a small sieve or tea strainer for presentation.
- For roasted strawberries, toss through EVOO, pepper, and place on a lined tray, roast at 180-220 º Celsius for 10-20minutes or until caramelised, just softened and fragrant – time will depend on ripeness and size of strawberries.
- For presentation, sprinkle through a sieve the strawberry powder decoratively on the base of the plate, or save to sprinkle on top if desired. Starting with the watercress, sprinkle, spoon and gently layer each of the other elements to ensure each ingredient is visible. Spoon over any remaining pickling dressing and additional EVOO if desired.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Pinot Gris or Pinot Noir.
Ingredients: Makes 28 portions 12 eggs 800gm 900gm caster sugar 675gm 68% Madagascar chocolate 675gm-unsalted butter 225gm ground macadamia meal 225gm cocoa powder 300gm macadamia nuts Method: Preheat oven to 150 degrees Grease and line sponge tray with parchment...
Ingredients: 1 cup semolina 1 cup almonds, blanched, toasted and roughly chopped 2 cups self raising flour, sifted 2 tsp baking powder Rind of 1 lemon 6 eggs 250g butter at room temp Juice of 2 oranges 2 tbsp cognac or brandy 1 cup of caster. Sugar Shredded coconut as...
Ingredients: Makes 12 ¾ cup Australian almonds 1/3 cup rolled oats 2 tbsp cacao powder ½ tsp vanilla extract 12 medjool dates 3 tbsp cacao nibs 1 tbsp Australian almond oil Method: In a food processor blend ¼ cup of the almonds until they are crushed lightly but not...
Ingredients: Makes 2 small jars of jam and nut butter Jam ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blackberries ¼ cup fresh Australian strawberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blueberries ¼ cup fresh Australian red seedless grapes Splash Water ¼ cup chia...
Ingredients: Serves two 1/2 cup very cold vodka Juice of two limes 2 tablespoons sugar syrup 1/2 cup fresh raspberries 1/2 cup blueberries Approx 500ml sparkling water Ice Method: Bring together the vodka, lime juice, sugar syrup, raspberries, blueberries and...
Ingredients: 8 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla extract 3 cups white sugar 3 litres of milk Pinch of salt 120g butter 2 cups semolina 15 sheets of fillo pastry 150g butter melted (approx.) Icing sugar + cinnamon to serve Method: Separate egg yolks from whites Add vanilla...