Thai Laksa with Pork BellyKaren Chan
- ½ jar VALCOM Thai Style Laksa Paste
- 1 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk
- ¾ cup water
- 200g Hokkien noodles, prepared according to the pack instructions
- 100g roasted pork belly, prepared as per recipe)
- For garnish: bean sprouts, cut green beans, sliced hard-boiled egg, Thai basil
Crispy Pork Belly
- 1 kg pork belly (skin scored)
- 3 tbsp salt
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp white pepper
- In a saucepan, add VALCOM Thai Style Laksa Paste, TCC Premium Coconut Milk and water. Bring to boil and turn off heat.
- Place the cooked noodles into two serving bowls, and bean sprouts on top.
- Ladle some soup into the bowl of noodles.
- Garnish with the rest of the ingredients. Place preferred size of pork belly on top.
Crispy Pork Belly:
- Pat dry the skin and rub 2 tbsp salt and 2 tsp pepper over the pork. Place on a tray and into the fridge overnight, uncovered.
- The next day, remove the pork from the fridge for at least an hour before roasting.
- Preheat oven to 180c. Place pork on a rack. Pat dry the skin with paper towels. Rub the skin with remaining salt, ensuring salt gets into the scoring. Rub the skin with oil.
- Place the rack onto a tray and into the oven. Reduce temperature to 160c and roast for 2.5 hours. Increase the temperature to 240c and roast for another 30 minutes or until skin has crackled.
- Remove from the oven and rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...