Thai Laksa with Pork BellyKaren Chan
- ½ jar VALCOM Thai Style Laksa Paste
- 1 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk
- ¾ cup water
- 200g Hokkien noodles, prepared according to the pack instructions
- 100g roasted pork belly, prepared as per recipe)
- For garnish: bean sprouts, cut green beans, sliced hard-boiled egg, Thai basil
Crispy Pork Belly
- 1 kg pork belly (skin scored)
- 3 tbsp salt
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp white pepper
- In a saucepan, add VALCOM Thai Style Laksa Paste, TCC Premium Coconut Milk and water. Bring to boil and turn off heat.
- Place the cooked noodles into two serving bowls, and bean sprouts on top.
- Ladle some soup into the bowl of noodles.
- Garnish with the rest of the ingredients. Place preferred size of pork belly on top.
Crispy Pork Belly:
- Pat dry the skin and rub 2 tbsp salt and 2 tsp pepper over the pork. Place on a tray and into the fridge overnight, uncovered.
- The next day, remove the pork from the fridge for at least an hour before roasting.
- Preheat oven to 180c. Place pork on a rack. Pat dry the skin with paper towels. Rub the skin with remaining salt, ensuring salt gets into the scoring. Rub the skin with oil.
- Place the rack onto a tray and into the oven. Reduce temperature to 160c and roast for 2.5 hours. Increase the temperature to 240c and roast for another 30 minutes or until skin has crackled.
- Remove from the oven and rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...
Ingredients: 4 roma tomatoes ½ brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, finely diced 1 tbsp chilli oil ½ cup white wine 500g goolwa pippies 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped 250g fresh taglierini or linguine 1 lemon, juice only 50g unsalted butter Sea salt flakes Black...
Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour, plus extra Salt 1 ¼ cups warm water 150ml Peanut oil, plus extra Cheese Filling: 500g ricotta cheese 100gm Greek fetta 300gm cottage cheese 300ml thickened cream 2 eggs Salt Method: Combine the cheeses in a large bowl and mix together,...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 1 tbsp oil 225g Chicken mince 2 tbsp fish sauce 1 lime, juice only 1 tsp caster sugar 3 spring onions, finely chopped ¼ cucumber, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced 1cm ginger,...
Ingredients: 6 chicken thighs 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ½ bunch parsley 100g parmigiano cheese 2 garlic cloves Sea salt Black pepper Flour, for dusting 2 eggs Method: Blitz the parsley, cheese and garlic into a fine crumb and mix through the breadcrumbs. Season with...
Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and retained, cauliflower chopped into florets. 1 clove of garlic - peeled & sliced in half 1 tsp of sultanas or raisins (optional) 6 black peppercorns 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 3/4 cup...