Thai Laksa with Pork BellyKaren Chan
- ½ jar VALCOM Thai Style Laksa Paste
- 1 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk
- ¾ cup water
- 200g Hokkien noodles, prepared according to the pack instructions
- 100g roasted pork belly, prepared as per recipe)
- For garnish: bean sprouts, cut green beans, sliced hard-boiled egg, Thai basil
Crispy Pork Belly
- 1 kg pork belly (skin scored)
- 3 tbsp salt
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp white pepper
- In a saucepan, add VALCOM Thai Style Laksa Paste, TCC Premium Coconut Milk and water. Bring to boil and turn off heat.
- Place the cooked noodles into two serving bowls, and bean sprouts on top.
- Ladle some soup into the bowl of noodles.
- Garnish with the rest of the ingredients. Place preferred size of pork belly on top.
Crispy Pork Belly:
- Pat dry the skin and rub 2 tbsp salt and 2 tsp pepper over the pork. Place on a tray and into the fridge overnight, uncovered.
- The next day, remove the pork from the fridge for at least an hour before roasting.
- Preheat oven to 180c. Place pork on a rack. Pat dry the skin with paper towels. Rub the skin with remaining salt, ensuring salt gets into the scoring. Rub the skin with oil.
- Place the rack onto a tray and into the oven. Reduce temperature to 160c and roast for 2.5 hours. Increase the temperature to 240c and roast for another 30 minutes or until skin has crackled.
- Remove from the oven and rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...
Ingredients: Makes Two 4 rounds or Rye bread slices 300gm sliced pastrami 100gm sauerkraut 200gm comte cheese or cheddar 2 large garlic and dill pickles cut in half 4 tbsp kewpie mayo 1 tbsp hot English mustard 100gm butter soft Method: Combine the hot English mustard...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 4 eggs separated 1 cup butter milk 1 cup ricotta 1 cup corn frozen 1 small bunch coriander leaves chopped 1 lg smashed avo 200gm chopped tomatoes 1/4 medium red onion sliced 1 clove of garlic chopped...