Thai Poached Fish in Red CurryChef Mod
- 1 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk
- 2 white fish fillets
- 1 lemongrass
- 2 tsp Squid Brand Fish Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Valcom Red Curry Paste
- Fresh ginger (finely shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice and zest
- 15g palm sugar
- 1⁄4 coriander (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 small cucumber (diced)
- 2 kaffir lime leaves (spine remove and thinly sliced)
- Mix juice, sugar and lime zest in a bowl. Finely chop root and stem of coriander, and roughly chop the leaves. Add kaffir lime leaves, cucumber and coriander to the lime juice mix. Set aside.
- Heat up coconut milk and lemongrass in a wok and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the fish fillets, cover the lid and lower the heat to simmer. Allow it to cook for 10 mins or until cooked through.
- Remove fish from wok and dispose the lemongrass. Mix curry paste and fish sauce with coconut milk and cook for 1-2 mins.
- Serve curry sauce in the base of serving bowls, top fish with cucumber mixture and embellish with fresh ginger.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Gewurztraminer.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...