Thai Poached Fish in Red CurryChef Mod
- 1 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk
- 2 white fish fillets
- 1 lemongrass
- 2 tsp Squid Brand Fish Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Valcom Red Curry Paste
- Fresh ginger (finely shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice and zest
- 15g palm sugar
- 1⁄4 coriander (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 small cucumber (diced)
- 2 kaffir lime leaves (spine remove and thinly sliced)
- Mix juice, sugar and lime zest in a bowl. Finely chop root and stem of coriander, and roughly chop the leaves. Add kaffir lime leaves, cucumber and coriander to the lime juice mix. Set aside.
- Heat up coconut milk and lemongrass in a wok and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the fish fillets, cover the lid and lower the heat to simmer. Allow it to cook for 10 mins or until cooked through.
- Remove fish from wok and dispose the lemongrass. Mix curry paste and fish sauce with coconut milk and cook for 1-2 mins.
- Serve curry sauce in the base of serving bowls, top fish with cucumber mixture and embellish with fresh ginger.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Gewurztraminer.
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...
Ingredients:For Dough: 500g plain flour 190g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes ½ tsp salt 60ml warm water 1 egg, at room temperature and whisked For Filling: 600g smoked ham, diced 200g mozzarella, diced 200g cheddar, diced 200g brown onion, diced 80g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel Ingredients: 500g gnocchi 2 potatoes, diced 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 tsp dried chillies 1 leek, sliced 2 rosemary sprigs 100g pancetta, rind removed and diced 500ml Massel Veg Stock Method:...
Ingredients: 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces 1 green banana chilli, sliced 1 bunch mint, picked 1 cup Indian style yoghurt Pinch of sea salt flakes ½ tsp garam masala powder ¼ tsp dry mango powder ¼ tsp fenugreek powder Vegetable oil for frying Method: Fry...
Ingredients: 500g good quality spaghettini Table salt (for pasta water) 8 birdseye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, washed and chopped finely, stem and leaf 250ml olive oil Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste A...