Thai Poached Fish in Red CurryChef Mod
- 1 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk
- 2 white fish fillets
- 1 lemongrass
- 2 tsp Squid Brand Fish Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Valcom Red Curry Paste
- Fresh ginger (finely shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice and zest
- 15g palm sugar
- 1⁄4 coriander (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 small cucumber (diced)
- 2 kaffir lime leaves (spine remove and thinly sliced)
- Mix juice, sugar and lime zest in a bowl. Finely chop root and stem of coriander, and roughly chop the leaves. Add kaffir lime leaves, cucumber and coriander to the lime juice mix. Set aside.
- Heat up coconut milk and lemongrass in a wok and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the fish fillets, cover the lid and lower the heat to simmer. Allow it to cook for 10 mins or until cooked through.
- Remove fish from wok and dispose the lemongrass. Mix curry paste and fish sauce with coconut milk and cook for 1-2 mins.
- Serve curry sauce in the base of serving bowls, top fish with cucumber mixture and embellish with fresh ginger.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Gewurztraminer.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...