Thai Poached Fish in Red CurryChef Mod
- 1 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk
- 2 white fish fillets
- 1 lemongrass
- 2 tsp Squid Brand Fish Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Valcom Red Curry Paste
- Fresh ginger (finely shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice and zest
- 15g palm sugar
- 1⁄4 coriander (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 small cucumber (diced)
- 2 kaffir lime leaves (spine remove and thinly sliced)
- Mix juice, sugar and lime zest in a bowl. Finely chop root and stem of coriander, and roughly chop the leaves. Add kaffir lime leaves, cucumber and coriander to the lime juice mix. Set aside.
- Heat up coconut milk and lemongrass in a wok and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the fish fillets, cover the lid and lower the heat to simmer. Allow it to cook for 10 mins or until cooked through.
- Remove fish from wok and dispose the lemongrass. Mix curry paste and fish sauce with coconut milk and cook for 1-2 mins.
- Serve curry sauce in the base of serving bowls, top fish with cucumber mixture and embellish with fresh ginger.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Gewurztraminer.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...