Thai Prawn Yellow CurryLaura Sharrad
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations
- 4 cups seasonal vegetables – sweet potatoes, cauliflower (cut into bite-sized pieces) and capsicum (red, yellow, green).
- 200g firm tofu (cut into cubes)
- 400g prawns (cleaned and deveined)
- 25ml Squid Brand Fish Sauce
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- ¼ cup Yellow Curry Paste
- 400ml coconut milk
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 red chilli, diagonally sliced, for garnish
- 2 Thai sweet basil leaves, for garnish
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to the boil. Add sweet potatoes and boil for 3 mins. Add cauliflower and boil for a further 2 mins. Add capsicum and cook for another 2 mins. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan over medium heat and slightly pan-fry the tofu on all sides. Set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp oil into the frying pan and slightly pan-fry the prawns and drizzle with 5ml Squid Brand Fish Sauce on both sides until cooked. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in the pan and fry the yellow curry paste until bubbling.
- Add coconut milk and stir until well combined. Add in the remaining Squid Brand Fish Sauce and sugar, continue stirring until the sugar has fully dissolved.
- Toss in the tofu and vegetables. Stir for 2 mins until all ingredients are completely coated with curry sauce. Add prawns and stir until well mixed.
- Serve hot. Garnish with chillies and basil.