- 3 eggs, separated
- 6 tbsp caster sugar
- 500 g mascarpone cream
- 500ml espresso coffee
- 80ml marsala
- 500g savoiardi biscotti ( 1 large packet )
- Dark chocolate, to grate
- Cocoa powder, to dust
- Beat the egg yolks and half the sugar in a bowl for 5 minutes until thick and fluffy, and tripled in size. Add the mascarpone and beat until it is fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form, add the remaining sugar and keep whisking until the sugar has dissolved. Fold the egg whites into the mascarpone mixture.
- In another bowl, mix the coffee and rum/marsala. Dip the biscuits in the coffee and rum mixture. Arrange a layer of biscuits in the base of a 1.5 litre capacity bowl or serving dish, then spoon over some of the mascarpone filling, grate some dark chocolate on top, and repeat the layers until your bowl of choice is filled to the top.
- Finish with the mascarpone mixture. Grate more chocolate over the top and chill in the fridge to set, preferably overnight.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Liqueur Topaque.
Ingredients: 150g raisins 100ml grappa 400g plain flour 10g yeast 115g sugar 2 eggs 150ml milk 30g toasted pine nuts Zest 1 orange Zest 1 lemon 50g chopped candied fruit Canola oil, for frying Method: Soak the raisins in grappa and let them plump up for 5 minutes,...
Ingredients: 600g assorted stone fruit* Extra virgin olive oil 1 lemon 1 vanilla bean 300g thick Greek yoghurt 2 tbsp floral honey 50g salted macadamia, coarsely chopped Method: Cut and drizzle fruit with olive oil and grill, cut sides down, until juicy and charred,...
Ingredients:Serves 2 4x scoops Ensure chocolate powder 1 cup milk ½ cup cream 1 tbsp. caster sugar 1 tbsp. cornflour 1 tbsp. cocoa powder, sifted 2 tbsp. boiling water 2 egg yolks Shaved dark chocolate and fresh berries to serve Method: Gently heat the milk and cream...
Ingredients: Serves 1 1 1⁄2 cups frozen mixed berries 3 teaspoons chia seeds 1 cup natural yoghurt 3 scoops Ensure Vanilla Powder 3 tablespoons oats 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1⁄2 kiwifruit, sliced (try keeping the skin on) 1 tablespoon dry roasted almonds, roughly...
Ingredients: 175g Oats 3 ripe bananas 1 tbsp honey 1/2 tsp baking powder 3 tbsp almond butter 1 punnet of frozen blueberries Method: 1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees 2. Puree the bananas together in a mixing bowl, until a thick paste. Fold in the oats, baking powder,...
Ingredients: Serves 6-8 430g cream cheese, room temperature 120g caster sugar 270ml thickened cream (at least 30% fat) 20g plain flour, sifted 3 eggs 1 Tbsp lemon juice 1 tsp vanilla extract Pinch of salt (approx. 1/2-1 tsp) Method: Preheat oven to 220C fan forced/...