- 3 eggs, separated
- 6 tbsp caster sugar
- 500 g mascarpone cream
- 500ml espresso coffee
- 80ml marsala
- 500g savoiardi biscotti ( 1 large packet )
- Dark chocolate, to grate
- Cocoa powder, to dust
- Beat the egg yolks and half the sugar in a bowl for 5 minutes until thick and fluffy, and tripled in size. Add the mascarpone and beat until it is fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form, add the remaining sugar and keep whisking until the sugar has dissolved. Fold the egg whites into the mascarpone mixture.
- In another bowl, mix the coffee and rum/marsala. Dip the biscuits in the coffee and rum mixture. Arrange a layer of biscuits in the base of a 1.5 litre capacity bowl or serving dish, then spoon over some of the mascarpone filling, grate some dark chocolate on top, and repeat the layers until your bowl of choice is filled to the top.
- Finish with the mascarpone mixture. Grate more chocolate over the top and chill in the fridge to set, preferably overnight.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Liqueur Topaque.
Ingredients: Plant-based milk Chia seeds Cacao powder Maple syrup Vanilla extract or paste Method: Combine all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. If you prefer to eat the seeds whole, you can skip the blender and combine the ingredients...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Healthy Life.Ingredients: 2 salmon fillets, skin off 1 cup edamame beans, frozen and blanched 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced thinly 1 carrot, ribboned 1 avocado, diced 1/2 bunch spring onions, sliced 1 cup cooked brown...
Ingredients: 7 gm (1 sachet) dried yeast 360 gm plain flour 55 gm (¼ cup) caster sugar 150 ml lukewarm milk 40 gm softened butter 1 egg 250 gm milk chocolate, finely chopped 190 gm crème fraîche 70 ml pouring cream For deep-frying: vegetable oil 3-4 Tim Tams, coarsely...
Ingredients: 4 cups full cream milk 1/2 cup medium-grain rice 1 + 1/2 cups of water 1/4 tsp salt 1/2 cup caster sugar 2 tbs heaped tbsp cornflour 1 Vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste Traditional topping option Greek Cinnamon to dust the top Or Lotus Biscoff...
Ingredients: 1 very ripe banana (about 120g) 3 eggs, whisked 20g scoop vanilla plant-based protein powder 2 teaspoons of maple syrup 70g (1/2cup) quartered strawberries 1 tablespoon tapioca flour 1 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil Method: SERVES 1 Place your banana in...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Healthy Life. Ingredients: 2 Bananas 300g of raw Cashews (unsalted & unroasted) 6 - 8 Pitted Dates 2 tablespoons of Cinnamon powder 2 tablespoons of Raw cacao powder Cacao Nibs Pinch of Salt Method: In a food...