- 3 eggs, separated
- 6 tbsp caster sugar
- 500 g mascarpone cream
- 500ml espresso coffee
- 80ml marsala
- 500g savoiardi biscotti ( 1 large packet )
- Dark chocolate, to grate
- Cocoa powder, to dust
- Beat the egg yolks and half the sugar in a bowl for 5 minutes until thick and fluffy, and tripled in size. Add the mascarpone and beat until it is fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form, add the remaining sugar and keep whisking until the sugar has dissolved. Fold the egg whites into the mascarpone mixture.
- In another bowl, mix the coffee and rum/marsala. Dip the biscuits in the coffee and rum mixture. Arrange a layer of biscuits in the base of a 1.5 litre capacity bowl or serving dish, then spoon over some of the mascarpone filling, grate some dark chocolate on top, and repeat the layers until your bowl of choice is filled to the top.
- Finish with the mascarpone mixture. Grate more chocolate over the top and chill in the fridge to set, preferably overnight.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Liqueur Topaque.
Ingredients:Makes 12 donuts Oil, for frying For the Dough: 1 cup lukewarm milk 1 tbsp dried yeast 1/3 cup caster sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla paste 4 tbsp soft butter 4 1/4 cups plain flour For the Custard: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp cornflour 2 cups milk 4 yolks 2 tsps...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 200g plain flour 100 caster sugar 200ml milk, full fat 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 50g butter Icing sugar, for dusting For Bananas: 75g caster sugar 30g butter, salted Banana...
Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) plain flour 3 tsp baking powder 1 cup (250ml) milk 2 ripe bananas 1 egg 1/3 cup (80g) brown sugar 2 tsp vanilla bean paste 1 tsp ground cinnamon 50g unsalted butter, melted, plus extra to brush 100g dark chocolate, chopped Golden syrup,...
Ingredients:Ingredients for the cookie dough 90g unsalted butter 80g soft light brown sugar 75g caster sugar 1tsp salt ½ tsp bicarbonate soda, sieved 1 eggs, whole 160g plain flour, sieved 100g milk chocolate buttons or block chopped 50g dark chocolate buttons or...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: Olive oil, for greasing 75g shelled pistachios 100g mixed seeds 250g rolled oats 8 Medjool dates 100g dried apricots 50g quality dark chocolate (70%) 100ml maple syrup 4...
Ingredients: 200g butter, softened 200g caster sugar 4 eggs 200g self raising flour 8 sticks of rhubarb 1 orange Crumble 100g plain flour ½ tsp ginger cinnamon 50g butter, diced 50g brown sugar To serve 300ml double cream whipped 2 tbsp ginger syrup Method: Preheat...