Toad in the HoleBen O'Donoghue
Yorkshire Pudding Batter
- 225gm flour
- Pinch salt
- 3 eggs whole
- 200ml milk
- 200ml water
- 8 course minced pork sausages
- 4 Streaky bacon rashers
- 8inch long fresh rosemary sprigs
- Cracked black pepper
- Veg oil 1/2 cup
- 1 large brown onion peeled and sliced length ways
- 50g butter
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- Enough gravy powder to make 400mls of thick gravy
- Combine all the ingredients for the batter and whisk well so the batter is thin and lump free. Allow to rest for 1 hour.
- Wrap each sausage with a strip of bacon and fasten with a sprig of rosemary
- In a muffin tray at least two to three inches deep, place the veggie oil and heat in an oven at 180 degrees until just smoking.
- When very hot remove from the oven and carefully place the sausages into the tray, then sprinkle with freshly ground pepper.
- Pour over the batter to two third the depth of the sausages you don’t have to use all the batter. Then place into the hot oven and cook for about 20 minutes.
- For the gravy, cook the sliced onion in the butter gently until very soft and slightly golden. Season with the garlic, salt and pepper. Then add to the made gravy and serve hot with the toad in the hole.
For chef quality results, we recommend using Anolon cookware!
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...