Toad in the HoleBen O'Donoghue
Yorkshire Pudding Batter
- 225gm flour
- Pinch salt
- 3 eggs whole
- 200ml milk
- 200ml water
- 8 course minced pork sausages
- 4 Streaky bacon rashers
- 8inch long fresh rosemary sprigs
- Cracked black pepper
- Veg oil 1/2 cup
- 1 large brown onion peeled and sliced length ways
- 50g butter
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- Enough gravy powder to make 400mls of thick gravy
- Combine all the ingredients for the batter and whisk well so the batter is thin and lump free. Allow to rest for 1 hour.
- Wrap each sausage with a strip of bacon and fasten with a sprig of rosemary
- In a muffin tray at least two to three inches deep, place the veggie oil and heat in an oven at 180 degrees until just smoking.
- When very hot remove from the oven and carefully place the sausages into the tray, then sprinkle with freshly ground pepper.
- Pour over the batter to two third the depth of the sausages you don’t have to use all the batter. Then place into the hot oven and cook for about 20 minutes.
- For the gravy, cook the sliced onion in the butter gently until very soft and slightly golden. Season with the garlic, salt and pepper. Then add to the made gravy and serve hot with the toad in the hole.
For chef quality results, we recommend using Anolon cookware!
Ingredients: 250g fresh pasta 3 large free range eggs 40g parmigiano cheese 150g smoked pancetta / guanciale Sea salt flakes Black pepper Method: In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, parmigiano cheese, salt and pepper. In the meantime, place the diced pancetta into a fry...
Ingredients: Makes 12-24 Leftover Lasagne ¼ cup plain flour 2 eggs 1-2 cups Panko crumbs Anchovy Mayonnaise 1 large egg yolk 1 tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp lemon zest 2 Tbsp lemon juice 1 cup light extra virgin olive oil 6-7 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations Serves 2 240g cabbage (finely chopped) 80g spring onion (finely chopped) 160g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil Batter: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 4 eggs 2 tsp...
Ingredients: 2 brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, chopped 2 carrots, finely diced 2 celery sticks, finely diced 100g pancetta, finely diced 4 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 4 fresh bay leaves 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped 1/4 bunch sage, finely chopped 150g...
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...