Toad in the HoleBen O'Donoghue
Yorkshire Pudding Batter
- 225gm flour
- Pinch salt
- 3 eggs whole
- 200ml milk
- 200ml water
- 8 course minced pork sausages
- 4 Streaky bacon rashers
- 8inch long fresh rosemary sprigs
- Cracked black pepper
- Veg oil 1/2 cup
- 1 large brown onion peeled and sliced length ways
- 50g butter
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- Enough gravy powder to make 400mls of thick gravy
- Combine all the ingredients for the batter and whisk well so the batter is thin and lump free. Allow to rest for 1 hour.
- Wrap each sausage with a strip of bacon and fasten with a sprig of rosemary
- In a muffin tray at least two to three inches deep, place the veggie oil and heat in an oven at 180 degrees until just smoking.
- When very hot remove from the oven and carefully place the sausages into the tray, then sprinkle with freshly ground pepper.
- Pour over the batter to two third the depth of the sausages you don’t have to use all the batter. Then place into the hot oven and cook for about 20 minutes.
- For the gravy, cook the sliced onion in the butter gently until very soft and slightly golden. Season with the garlic, salt and pepper. Then add to the made gravy and serve hot with the toad in the hole.
For chef quality results, we recommend using Anolon cookware!
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...