Toad in the HoleBen O'Donoghue
Yorkshire Pudding Batter
- 225gm flour
- Pinch salt
- 3 eggs whole
- 200ml milk
- 200ml water
- 8 course minced pork sausages
- 4 Streaky bacon rashers
- 8inch long fresh rosemary sprigs
- Cracked black pepper
- Veg oil 1/2 cup
- 1 large brown onion peeled and sliced length ways
- 50g butter
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- Enough gravy powder to make 400mls of thick gravy
- Combine all the ingredients for the batter and whisk well so the batter is thin and lump free. Allow to rest for 1 hour.
- Wrap each sausage with a strip of bacon and fasten with a sprig of rosemary
- In a muffin tray at least two to three inches deep, place the veggie oil and heat in an oven at 180 degrees until just smoking.
- When very hot remove from the oven and carefully place the sausages into the tray, then sprinkle with freshly ground pepper.
- Pour over the batter to two third the depth of the sausages you don’t have to use all the batter. Then place into the hot oven and cook for about 20 minutes.
- For the gravy, cook the sliced onion in the butter gently until very soft and slightly golden. Season with the garlic, salt and pepper. Then add to the made gravy and serve hot with the toad in the hole.
For chef quality results, we recommend using Anolon cookware!
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...