Toad in the HoleBen O'Donoghue
Yorkshire Pudding Batter
- 225gm flour
- Pinch salt
- 3 eggs whole
- 200ml milk
- 200ml water
- 8 course minced pork sausages
- 4 Streaky bacon rashers
- 8inch long fresh rosemary sprigs
- Cracked black pepper
- Veg oil 1/2 cup
- 1 large brown onion peeled and sliced length ways
- 50g butter
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- Enough gravy powder to make 400mls of thick gravy
- Combine all the ingredients for the batter and whisk well so the batter is thin and lump free. Allow to rest for 1 hour.
- Wrap each sausage with a strip of bacon and fasten with a sprig of rosemary
- In a muffin tray at least two to three inches deep, place the veggie oil and heat in an oven at 180 degrees until just smoking.
- When very hot remove from the oven and carefully place the sausages into the tray, then sprinkle with freshly ground pepper.
- Pour over the batter to two third the depth of the sausages you don’t have to use all the batter. Then place into the hot oven and cook for about 20 minutes.
- For the gravy, cook the sliced onion in the butter gently until very soft and slightly golden. Season with the garlic, salt and pepper. Then add to the made gravy and serve hot with the toad in the hole.
For chef quality results, we recommend using Anolon cookware!
Ingredients: 9 cherry tomatoes, halved 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced 2 tsp good-quality olive oil 1 tsp balsamic vinegar 5 basil leaves, torn, plus a few extra to serve if you like 5 pitted olives, sliced 2 large free-range egg 1 tsp small capers, rinsed salt...
Ingredients: Leftover Spaghetti Bolognese Sliced white bread Mozzarella Smoked mozzarella Grated Parmesan Butter Olive oil Mayo Pesto Salt and pepper Method: Place a scoop of pasta on one side of the bread. Then grate up your 3 cheeses and place on the other side of...
Ingredients: 250g Walnuts 250g Hazelnuts 250g Macadamia nuts 125g Pumpkin seeds 125g Sunflower seeds 60g Butter, unsalted 2 Tbsp Honey, Mr Noons honeycomb 1 Tsp Cayenne pepper 2 Tbsp Rosemary, finely chopped 1 Tbsp Cognac Method: Preheat oven to 180* Prepare...
Client - That’s Amore Cheese Typically from Puglia, this fresh creamy cheese has gained more and more popularity in the past few years, not only in Italy but overseas. Burrata is a fresh, handmade cow's milk cheese made from mozzarella and cream and it can be used in...
Ingredients: 150g guanciale, diced 3 eggs, whisked 200g pecorino cheese, grated Black pepper Salt Method: Add salt to a pot of water, and bring to a boil. Cook your pasta until al dente. In a frying pan, add the guanciale on low heat and allow it to render out the...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...