Tomahawk Steak, Vine Baby Tomato, Brown Butter HollandaiseMike Reid
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Supreme Caravans
- 1 Tomahawk steak, French trimmed at least 1.2k
- 100ml Beef Fat, rendered
- 150g Vine ripened datterino tomatoes (Please need to be on the vine
- 2 egg yolks
- 125g butter, melted
- Lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp white vinegar (must be good quality)
- Ensure your steak is out at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before grilling.
- Make sure your grill is on a medium to high heat. Place your steak on the grill.Once on season generously with sea salt.
- Whilst your steak is cooking add your vine tomatoes to the grill and cook them alongside
- To make you hollandaise, bring a small pot of water to the boil. Place your egg yolks, lemon juice, vinegar and start to whisk over the water. Keep whisking until your figure of 8 starts to hold in the mixture, this is called the saybon stage.
- Now start to pour in your clarified butter until its all incorporated.
- Whilst making your hollandaise ensure you keep an eye on your steak turning it every few minutes and continuously basting it with the beef fat until cooked.
- Make sure you cook your steak one temperature less so that you can leave it to rest which will take it to your desired temperature.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Malbec.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...