Tomahawk Steak, Vine Baby Tomato, Brown Butter HollandaiseMike Reid
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Supreme Caravans
- 1 Tomahawk steak, French trimmed at least 1.2k
- 100ml Beef Fat, rendered
- 150g Vine ripened datterino tomatoes (Please need to be on the vine
- 2 egg yolks
- 125g butter, melted
- Lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp white vinegar (must be good quality)
- Ensure your steak is out at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before grilling.
- Make sure your grill is on a medium to high heat. Place your steak on the grill.Once on season generously with sea salt.
- Whilst your steak is cooking add your vine tomatoes to the grill and cook them alongside
- To make you hollandaise, bring a small pot of water to the boil. Place your egg yolks, lemon juice, vinegar and start to whisk over the water. Keep whisking until your figure of 8 starts to hold in the mixture, this is called the saybon stage.
- Now start to pour in your clarified butter until its all incorporated.
- Whilst making your hollandaise ensure you keep an eye on your steak turning it every few minutes and continuously basting it with the beef fat until cooked.
- Make sure you cook your steak one temperature less so that you can leave it to rest which will take it to your desired temperature.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Malbec.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...