Tomahawk Steak, Vine Baby Tomato, Brown Butter HollandaiseMike Reid
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Supreme Caravans
- 1 Tomahawk steak, French trimmed at least 1.2k
- 100ml Beef Fat, rendered
- 150g Vine ripened datterino tomatoes (Please need to be on the vine
- 2 egg yolks
- 125g butter, melted
- Lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp white vinegar (must be good quality)
- Ensure your steak is out at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before grilling.
- Make sure your grill is on a medium to high heat. Place your steak on the grill.Once on season generously with sea salt.
- Whilst your steak is cooking add your vine tomatoes to the grill and cook them alongside
- To make you hollandaise, bring a small pot of water to the boil. Place your egg yolks, lemon juice, vinegar and start to whisk over the water. Keep whisking until your figure of 8 starts to hold in the mixture, this is called the saybon stage.
- Now start to pour in your clarified butter until its all incorporated.
- Whilst making your hollandaise ensure you keep an eye on your steak turning it every few minutes and continuously basting it with the beef fat until cooked.
- Make sure you cook your steak one temperature less so that you can leave it to rest which will take it to your desired temperature.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Malbec.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...