Tomahawk Steak, Vine Baby Tomato, Brown Butter HollandaiseMike Reid
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Supreme Caravans
- 1 Tomahawk steak, French trimmed at least 1.2k
- 100ml Beef Fat, rendered
- 150g Vine ripened datterino tomatoes (Please need to be on the vine
- 2 egg yolks
- 125g butter, melted
- Lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp white vinegar (must be good quality)
- Ensure your steak is out at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before grilling.
- Make sure your grill is on a medium to high heat. Place your steak on the grill.Once on season generously with sea salt.
- Whilst your steak is cooking add your vine tomatoes to the grill and cook them alongside
- To make you hollandaise, bring a small pot of water to the boil. Place your egg yolks, lemon juice, vinegar and start to whisk over the water. Keep whisking until your figure of 8 starts to hold in the mixture, this is called the saybon stage.
- Now start to pour in your clarified butter until its all incorporated.
- Whilst making your hollandaise ensure you keep an eye on your steak turning it every few minutes and continuously basting it with the beef fat until cooked.
- Make sure you cook your steak one temperature less so that you can leave it to rest which will take it to your desired temperature.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Malbec.
Ingredients: 250g fresh pasta 3 large free range eggs 40g parmigiano cheese 150g smoked pancetta / guanciale Sea salt flakes Black pepper Method: In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, parmigiano cheese, salt and pepper. In the meantime, place the diced pancetta into a fry...
Ingredients: Makes 12-24 Leftover Lasagne ¼ cup plain flour 2 eggs 1-2 cups Panko crumbs Anchovy Mayonnaise 1 large egg yolk 1 tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp lemon zest 2 Tbsp lemon juice 1 cup light extra virgin olive oil 6-7 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations Serves 2 240g cabbage (finely chopped) 80g spring onion (finely chopped) 160g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil Batter: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 4 eggs 2 tsp...
Ingredients: 2 brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, chopped 2 carrots, finely diced 2 celery sticks, finely diced 100g pancetta, finely diced 4 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 4 fresh bay leaves 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped 1/4 bunch sage, finely chopped 150g...
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...