Tommy Roughs with Apple Beetroot and CucumberJack Ingram
- 6 fillets South Australian tommy ruffs
- 150g Natural yoghurt
- ½ Bunch flat leaf parsley
- 1 Lemon zested and juiced
- 3 Yellow baby beetroots – cooked and peeled
- 3 Baby beetroots – cooked and peeled
- 20ml Red wine vinegar
- 60ml Olive oil and a little to grill the tommys with
- 1 pink lady apple cut into slices
- ½ continental cucumber deseeded and sliced into wedges
- Fresh herbs from your garden
- To make the yoghurt dressing finely chop parsley and mix with the yoghurt, lemon zest and lemon juice. Season with Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside for serving.
- Cut your cooked and peeled beetroots into 2cm chunks or as large or small you desire. In a mixing bowl whisk the red wine vinegar and olive oil together, add your beetroots and set aside to marinate (this can be done in bulk and stored in an airtight jar in your fridge.
Cook and serve:
- Heat a non-stick frypan on medium high heat until almost smoking, add your olive oil and gently place your fish fillets skin side down, after 20 seconds lightly press the fillets to ensure they are flat (this will give you an evenly crisp skin), once you can see the fillets are 80% cooked quickly flip them over and cook for 20 seconds more, remove from the pan ready to serve. To serve spread the yoghurt dressing on the base of the plate followed by the tommys, scatter the marinated beetroots, sliced apple and cucumber in and around the fish. Finally spoon some of the beetroot marinate liquid as a dressing and garnish with fresh herbs.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Sauvignon Blanc.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...