Tommy Roughs with Apple Beetroot and CucumberJack Ingram
- 6 fillets South Australian tommy ruffs
- 150g Natural yoghurt
- ½ Bunch flat leaf parsley
- 1 Lemon zested and juiced
- 3 Yellow baby beetroots – cooked and peeled
- 3 Baby beetroots – cooked and peeled
- 20ml Red wine vinegar
- 60ml Olive oil and a little to grill the tommys with
- 1 pink lady apple cut into slices
- ½ continental cucumber deseeded and sliced into wedges
- Fresh herbs from your garden
- To make the yoghurt dressing finely chop parsley and mix with the yoghurt, lemon zest and lemon juice. Season with Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside for serving.
- Cut your cooked and peeled beetroots into 2cm chunks or as large or small you desire. In a mixing bowl whisk the red wine vinegar and olive oil together, add your beetroots and set aside to marinate (this can be done in bulk and stored in an airtight jar in your fridge.
Cook and serve:
- Heat a non-stick frypan on medium high heat until almost smoking, add your olive oil and gently place your fish fillets skin side down, after 20 seconds lightly press the fillets to ensure they are flat (this will give you an evenly crisp skin), once you can see the fillets are 80% cooked quickly flip them over and cook for 20 seconds more, remove from the pan ready to serve. To serve spread the yoghurt dressing on the base of the plate followed by the tommys, scatter the marinated beetroots, sliced apple and cucumber in and around the fish. Finally spoon some of the beetroot marinate liquid as a dressing and garnish with fresh herbs.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Sauvignon Blanc.
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Laura’s Mum’s Meatball Pasta
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Crispy Chilli Oil
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...
Special Fried Rice
Ingredients: 60 ml (¼ cup) peanut oil 4 green king prawns, peeled, cleaned and roughly chopped 2 eggs, lightly beaten 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 tsp finely chopped ginger 150 gm Chinese-style barbecue pork char siu roughly chopped 555 gm (3 cups) cooked rice 1...