Tray Bake Pork Chop with Parsnip and PearBen O'Donoghue
- 4 loin pork chops skin on (make sure they have a good fat layer to keep them moist)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 head of garlic
- 1/2 x bunch thyme
- 3 pears cut into quarters and remove the seed segment
- 3 parsnips peeled and cut in half or quarters depending on size
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees
- Using a sharp knife, cut through the skin on the pork chop every 2-3cm. season well with salt and pepper
- Break up the garlic bulb and remove the root segment off the cloves, leaving the skin on. Toss the pear 1/4s, parsnips and garlic in a bowl with about 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and the thyme
- Place the veg on the bottom of a roasting tray and place the seasoned pork chops on top. Place into the hot oven and bake for 45-50 minute. The skin on the [rok chop should crispen and crackle. Move the chops around and turn the veg occasionally so everything cooks evenly. The pork chops should be well done and the veg soft and caramelized
- Serve each chop with equal amounts of fruit and veg.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...