Tray Bake Pork Chop with Parsnip and PearBen O'Donoghue
- 4 loin pork chops skin on (make sure they have a good fat layer to keep them moist)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 head of garlic
- 1/2 x bunch thyme
- 3 pears cut into quarters and remove the seed segment
- 3 parsnips peeled and cut in half or quarters depending on size
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees
- Using a sharp knife, cut through the skin on the pork chop every 2-3cm. season well with salt and pepper
- Break up the garlic bulb and remove the root segment off the cloves, leaving the skin on. Toss the pear 1/4s, parsnips and garlic in a bowl with about 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and the thyme
- Place the veg on the bottom of a roasting tray and place the seasoned pork chops on top. Place into the hot oven and bake for 45-50 minute. The skin on the [rok chop should crispen and crackle. Move the chops around and turn the veg occasionally so everything cooks evenly. The pork chops should be well done and the veg soft and caramelized
- Serve each chop with equal amounts of fruit and veg.
Ingredients: 250g fresh pasta 3 large free range eggs 40g parmigiano cheese 150g smoked pancetta / guanciale Sea salt flakes Black pepper Method: In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, parmigiano cheese, salt and pepper. In the meantime, place the diced pancetta into a fry...
Ingredients: Makes 12-24 Leftover Lasagne ¼ cup plain flour 2 eggs 1-2 cups Panko crumbs Anchovy Mayonnaise 1 large egg yolk 1 tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp lemon zest 2 Tbsp lemon juice 1 cup light extra virgin olive oil 6-7 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations Serves 2 240g cabbage (finely chopped) 80g spring onion (finely chopped) 160g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil Batter: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 4 eggs 2 tsp...
Ingredients: 2 brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, chopped 2 carrots, finely diced 2 celery sticks, finely diced 100g pancetta, finely diced 4 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 4 fresh bay leaves 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped 1/4 bunch sage, finely chopped 150g...
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...