Tray Bake Pork Chop with Parsnip and PearBen O'Donoghue
- 4 loin pork chops skin on (make sure they have a good fat layer to keep them moist)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 head of garlic
- 1/2 x bunch thyme
- 3 pears cut into quarters and remove the seed segment
- 3 parsnips peeled and cut in half or quarters depending on size
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees
- Using a sharp knife, cut through the skin on the pork chop every 2-3cm. season well with salt and pepper
- Break up the garlic bulb and remove the root segment off the cloves, leaving the skin on. Toss the pear 1/4s, parsnips and garlic in a bowl with about 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and the thyme
- Place the veg on the bottom of a roasting tray and place the seasoned pork chops on top. Place into the hot oven and bake for 45-50 minute. The skin on the [rok chop should crispen and crackle. Move the chops around and turn the veg occasionally so everything cooks evenly. The pork chops should be well done and the veg soft and caramelized
- Serve each chop with equal amounts of fruit and veg.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...