Tuna CasseroleJoel Feren
- ½ cup Glucerna powder
- 250g macaroni
- 185g canned tuna, drained
- ½ cup peas
- ½ cup corn
- 60g butter
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp. parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Lightly grease a baking tray and set aside.
- Cook the pasta as per packet directions. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a pot over a medium heat. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly add the milk to the pot and continue stirring for 3-4 minutes or until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat.
- Stir through the Glucerna powder and mix well.
- Add tuna, cheeses, peas, corn, parsley and spring onions to the mixture.
- Combine the pasta and sauce in the baking tray and mix well.
- Top the mixture with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 packet Udon Noodles (Hakubaku brand preferred) 250g smoked trout, torn into bite-sized slices 200g mesclun or butter lettuce, roughly torn 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, deseeded, sliced 3 spring onions, thinly sliced 1 cup fresh...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you with the help from our friends at Velisha Farms 800g Doncaster & black Russians Tomatoes, chopped ½ Red Onion, thinly sliced 1 Tbsp vinaigrette 1 Lemon, zest 10g Wild Rocket Dressing: 200ml Early harvest Olive oil 3 Tbsp...
Ingredients: Makes 2 2 Tbsp olive oil 2 clove garlic, finely chopped 2 spring onions, finely sliced 1 green chilli, finely chopped ½ bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped ½ tsp ground turmeric 1 tsp chilli powder 1 tsp ground cumin 1 tsp ground coriander 4 Eggs,...
Ingredients:Serves 1 150g Wagyu Thick Skirt 1 Hens Egg ½ Tomato, Sliced Sprigs of fresh Watercress ½ Onion, Sliced & Sautéed ½ Tbsp Dijon Mustard 1 Tbsp Spiced Tomato Chutney 1 Medium sized seeded baguette cut in half Method: Grill the wagyu from room...