Tuna CasseroleJoel Feren
- ½ cup Glucerna powder
- 250g macaroni
- 185g canned tuna, drained
- ½ cup peas
- ½ cup corn
- 60g butter
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp. parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Lightly grease a baking tray and set aside.
- Cook the pasta as per packet directions. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a pot over a medium heat. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly add the milk to the pot and continue stirring for 3-4 minutes or until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat.
- Stir through the Glucerna powder and mix well.
- Add tuna, cheeses, peas, corn, parsley and spring onions to the mixture.
- Combine the pasta and sauce in the baking tray and mix well.
- Top the mixture with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...
Ingredients:For Dough: 500g plain flour 190g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes ½ tsp salt 60ml warm water 1 egg, at room temperature and whisked For Filling: 600g smoked ham, diced 200g mozzarella, diced 200g cheddar, diced 200g brown onion, diced 80g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel Ingredients: 500g gnocchi 2 potatoes, diced 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 tsp dried chillies 1 leek, sliced 2 rosemary sprigs 100g pancetta, rind removed and diced 500ml Massel Veg Stock Method:...
Ingredients: 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces 1 green banana chilli, sliced 1 bunch mint, picked 1 cup Indian style yoghurt Pinch of sea salt flakes ½ tsp garam masala powder ¼ tsp dry mango powder ¼ tsp fenugreek powder Vegetable oil for frying Method: Fry...
Ingredients: 500g good quality spaghettini Table salt (for pasta water) 8 birdseye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, washed and chopped finely, stem and leaf 250ml olive oil Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste A...